Help!-anybody know this guy?-hes ripping me off so beware!

-

lead69

hopeless car junkie
Reaction score
I sold a 340 shortblock on e-bay around six weeks ago and this guy hit the buy it now for it,this thing has h-beam rods,.030 trw forged pistons,clevite bearings,fully balanced and is fresh for $1,500 and that included the timing cover,widage tray and oil pan.Any way I said I would crate it and drop it at the local shipper where he had an account,he then drops off the face of the earth for several weeks,just spotty phone calls promising the money.I remain cool and he finally payed me with paypal at which time I tell him it will be a week or so before I can ship the engine and he says no problem since he took so long to pay.The next thing I know his wife files a claim against me for item not recieved,I call him immediately and he apologised and said she didnt know he bought the engine and was pissed but he promised to make it right.I call paypal and they say to ship the engine and when he recieves it the claim will be closed regardless of what the guy does,so I ship it.Fast forward a week and he wont recieve or return yellow freights phone calls to have the engine dropped (hes in a residential area) and he wont answer or return my calls,to make things worse payapl just closed the claim in their favor since the guy didnt close it or according to them I didnt dleiver the engine to the paypal address-never mind its a 400lb. crate and no shipping company around will just drop it in a residential area without a prior scheduled delivery.So Im going to have to eat shipping both ways and the refund for the engine at this point,I know I know I woulda coulda shoulda but it still amazed me that this guy would do this and worse that payapl defended him,paypal is scum and I will never accept it ever again.If you do know this guy feel free to let him know about this thread and if you dont steer clear!.E-bay I.d. n96hemicuda -Christopher P Houg
78504 ewarton road
bermuda dunes, CA 92203
United States
760-574-3641

lead69 sorry to hear about your delima, just when you try to help someone out they screw you over! Thankfully I have had good luck on ebay so far, I wonder if he ever planned on getting the engine in the first place!

I live about 5 minutes from Bermuda Dunes.

I'll cruise over and take a look.

I don't know this person and never even heard the name before.

Does yellow freight still have the engine? You better put word into them so nobody can go pick it up.

I live about 5 minutes from Bermuda Dunes.

I'll cruise over and take a look.

I don't know this person and never even heard the name before.

I appreciate the offer,I guess he owns a hemi cuda but I dont know what to believe now,he also has a buisness name of impalas inc. so beware of that as well,thats what his shipping account is under.Its sucks,he seeemed cool and even gave me a decent reason for dragging his feet on paying me but I still had the uneasy feeling you get when someone cant answer or return a phone call for days or even weeks at a time. Oh well,at least the shipping company has been good-they put a hold on it and are giving me discount on shipping but it still stings-looks like I will be out $680.00 total for shipping and of course thats not including paypals $1,500.00 refund for the engine-dont ever accept paypal!,thanks for the support guys,Adrian.

I appreciate the offer,I guess he owns a hemi cuda but I dont know what to believe now,he also has a buisness name of impalas inc. so beware of that as well,thats what his shipping account is under.Its sucks,he seeemed cool and even gave me a decent reason for dragging his feet on paying me but I still had the uneasy feeling you get when someone cant answer or return a phone call for days or even weeks at a time. Oh well,at least the shipping company has been good-they put a hold on it and are giving me discount on shipping but it still stings-looks like I will be out $680.00 total for shipping and of course thats not including paypals $1,500.00 refund for the engine-dont ever accept paypal!,thanks for the support guys,Adrian.

Google maps the address and look at the cars in the driveway.

I've seen those guys around town. I doubt the guy has a Hemi Cuda

Hey lead69.....

What if you were able to sell the motor where it sits over in CA instead of having it shipped back to you?

Maybe a member here is interested and you could work something out. Longshot, but worth a try........

Good luck and sorry the butthead is a Mopar guy.

Just for fun check him out for us Cracked back. I would if he were in my area. We need to support each other here. Tell him your looking for a 340 motor for one of your projects in the $2000 range then drop him like a hot potatoe after he takes posession of the motor. Keep us posted.

I had the same problem with paypal the guy had done it to 3 or 4 people and paypal never gave me my money back. If you use paypal you have to ship to the address on there because they will not do a damn thing if you don't ship to that address.

Good luck hope it ll works out

justin

Hey lead69.....

What if you were able to sell the motor where it sits over in CA instead of having it shipped back to you?

Maybe a member here is interested and you could work something out. Longshot, but worth a try........

Good luck and sorry the butthead is a Mopar guy.

I would be all for giving a fellow member a good deal but Im paying $15 a day for yellow to hold it so my backs against a wall.If someone is interested let me know asap,as it is I think I will have them ship it back tomorrow-I guess I just want it over with.I was going to use the money to build a 408 but I might just throw in the 340 after this fiasco,the guy got me good.

If you do know this guy feel free to let him know about this thread and if you dont steer clear!.E-bay I.d. n96hemicuda -Christopher P Houg
78504 ewarton road
bermuda dunes, CA 92203
United States
760-574-3641

Sorry to hear this poblem. I don't know the guy, but I just called him to hear his story. All I got was Led Zeppelin music and his answer machine. Inundate the guy with calls until he changes his phone number. Deadbeats need to hear from us.

What year is the 340? I am looking for one that already runs and needs nothing but to drop in and go. PM me.

Hey Adrian

Sorry to hear about it. Unfortunate these things have to happen.
Deadbeats and wannabees always screw stuff around for us legit guys.

I never have used paypal because I was warned of this and a few diff things as well. I am sure they have there good moments, but I am not willing to take the risks. I also dont sell a thing over on e-bag.

Plain and simple transactions is all I like... like yours and mine... even though it wasnt much.

Appreciate the info on this guy.

-RPM

-
Back