HELP / ASAP Duster & Ford 9"

-

Hoophoop

Reaction score
I installed a Ford 9" in my 73 Duster and need to know what I can do for a Pinion Snubber, I'm overseas in Saudi Arabia and need to provide info to the guy working on my car, any info or pics would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

I installed a Ford 9" in my 73 Duster and need to know what I can do for a Pinion Snubber, I'm overseas in Saudi Arabia and need to provide info to the guy working on my car, any info or pics would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Do yourself a favor and get cal-tracs or assassin bars. Pinion snubbers worked great in the '70s and '80s, but this is 2016. There are much better options. Just my .02

Hi Hoophoop, we have the same setup on our '72 Scamp. We were looking for a pinion snubber for some time. No one makes one so you are left with few options. Option #1: Fabricate your own or have one fabed up. Easy,peasy. Option #2: Cal-tracs or Assassin bars. Also easy. Cal-tracs offers 2 part numbers, so be careful there. As far as snubbers are concerned. We use one on our 10 second 'Cuda, works wicked pissah, T

If your car is set up as was done in the 70s put some traction bars on it.
If you got it lowered like many do today use the more modern caltracs.
Both perform the same function. Both need to be set
up proper. Just choose to suit the styling of your car
so they don't look out of place.

The way to do it would be to fabricate a bracket that attached to the front bearing retainer. This would also require special length bolts and shims.

-
Back