HELP! Block notched from bad gasket

-

dragdak

Reaction score
I think this was caused by a leaking intake gasket. I was wondering if this can be welded or is there another fix. Head also was hurt similar to this. It also blew a hole in the piston. Thanks for your help guys!

Best fix I can think of is to replace that Blowtie with a good Mopar engine. You will spend more than it is worth to get it fixed.

What makes you think it is from the intake gasket ? How much timing did you have in it ?

This happened to a 440 that I bought from a guy and said it was rebiult and ready to install. I got suspicous when all the tins looked as if a bomb went off inside the motor. They were pushed out and the valve cover gaskets were too. My guess could also be he had the 2 wires switched. I cant get ahold of him now and that fiqures dont it? The motor is put together nicely except for this problem. AAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!!!](*,)

I've seen this many times. The gasket blew between the cylinders and from the looks of it you must have ran it for quite a while, I know both of those cylinders were dead. It must have run like crap. No easy fix, it will have to be welded and milled. The head unless it is something special, I would junk.

I purchased it this way. The guy said it was run before it was pulled and it had very few miles on it. I was in the process of cleaning it up and noticed the damage on the outside and got curious. So im glad I pulled it apart before installing and trying to run it.

-
Back