HELP!!! brake issues

-

SRT_DSTRHOLC

Reaction score
Bought brake shoes for the new b body rear and they didnt have the slot for the Hand Brake! WTH! anyone know which to get for 11in brakes? I also bought the self adjuster rebuild kit and spring rebuild kit ALL CRAP!!! from AUTOZONE!!!! WTH!!! which parts do i need? And I got the wrong wheel cylinders! too big because i have to adjust the adjusters ALL the way down for the drum too fit. I got the ones for disc front, bad move which were the wrong part number either my fault or theirs!!! What do I do for the pads and springs now? I got the ones for a 68 fury instead of a 63 early b body like the one i actually have :(

Take 'em back and get the right ones, one of the only good things i'll say about autozone is that they will take back just about anything for just about any reason.

Sounds good but all the shoes they had on their site did not have the slot for the parking brake. Also where do I get the rebuild kit since theirs is crap but was only 10 and do I just get all my parts out of a 63 c body since that's the car that came with 11in brakes

I returned all the parts. OcDart is going to help me get all the correct parts, when he has time.

What year and make are your backing plates? Be specific if you can cause it will aid in your search. What size are the shoes? 11X 2.5 or 11X3" Do you have any Oreilly's parts stores close by?

What year and make are your backing plates? Be specific if you can cause it will aid in your search. What size are the shoes? 11X 2.5 or 11X3" Do you have any Oreilly's parts stores close by?

when i bought it i was told it was from a 63. When ocdart worked on it he said it was a early c body rear I believe. the brakes are 11x 2.5

when i bought it i was told it was from a 63. When ocdart worked on it he said it was a early c body rear I believe. the brakes are 11x 2.5

Its an early B body rear IIRC. I dont know where the brakes came from since you bought it off a guy who had pieced it together and those brakes could have come from anywhere. We will straighten it out this week. Brum the drums home and take some pics of the backing plate so we can hopefully identify them.

took some pics, but it was of the backing plate with nothing on it just the backing plate on the car

I do indeed but they are back home, Im in So Cal now

I was gonna say, Porterfield over on Placentia can reline them for ya with several different types of friction material. (So I'm told). Does your E brake lever use a pin, or is it a slot in the shoe? And you said it does have self adjusters?

Sounds good but all the shoes they had on their site did not have the slot for the parking brake. Also where do I get the rebuild kit since theirs is crap but was only 10 and do I just get all my parts out of a 63 c body since that's the car that came with 11in brakes

doesnt have a slot and yes on the self adjusters

Didn't 63 have parking break on rear of tranny? Therefore no cables? Tell them the shoes are for a 67 gtx. Shoes will work.

Add. I have a Dana, 11" by 2.5". The only way the computer will show the numb-nuts behind the counter what to look up, is lie; say it's for a 67 GTX 440. Then it works.

-
Back