Help buying used Cragars and tire sizes

-

matthon

Reaction score
I currently have Cragars on my car, but the rears are pitted and the chrome is literally falling off the fronts.
The rears appear to have a reverse offset of about 3". If I have that correct, reverse offset it the amount of rim that extends farther out from center.

There is a local guy that is listing Cragars with tires.

I need help with some concerns I have:
Should I be checking for cracks or bent rims, or really how can I check? My understanding is Cragars don't do so well over time.
How do you tell a real Cragar from a cheap knock off with Cragar center caps?
My current tires are 245/60/R14 on the rear, 215/70/R14 on the front, his are all 225/70/R14. I prefer the look of my tires, and his rims appear to be the same as mine- am I missing something with swapping tires that I should consider?

Here is his ad:
4 brand new never seen the road tires. they are 225/70R x14. They are mounted on small bolt patern chrysler Cragar 5 spoke wheels. The wheels are in good shape not show quality but good driver and would clean up very nice. Also included are brand new lug nuts. I think the rear wheels are 14x7 with about a 3or 4 " offset the fronts are 14x 6.

DSC04122.JPG

Ask him to measure from the rear of the outer rim to the center where it mounts to the drum. Then measure yours. A 3 or 4" offset will make a difference.

better check to make sure front will take 225/70 without hitting fender

-
Back