Help decode this fender tag?

-

sfvaliant

Reaction score
I've googled and googled, and the cows never came home.
Anyone have a book that can decode my fender tag?
I'm mostly interested in the exact paint and interior trim codes, and also the miscellaneous numbers in the middle of the tag...

View attachment fender tag.jpg

I assumed it is for a '64 Valiant based on your signature, but this site does not list P4T or XXY, http://www.earlycuda.org/tech/tag.htm
I would guess tan interior & tan exterior based on every interior code that ends with T is tan & XX1 paint code is tan.
If it is similar to '65 than this site breaks it down more, http://www.1962to1965mopar.ornocar.org/ml-osterling65fendertag.html
This would mean T under the P is premium bucket seats, 4 under the R is vinyl buckets & T under the M is tan; for paint XXY under the PNT area looks like light tan & medium tan, metallic. Keep in mind these are '65 codes but this was all the info I could find right now. Hope it helps. Welcome to FABO.

Thanks, I have seen this one and it seems to just be for a broadcast sheet. None of these numbers correspond with the codes on the fender tag...

assuming this is a 64 we really need the vin also to decode this as the different plant had different coding on the body plate

I think you have a HAMTRAMCK car built on 9/10/1963
A5 = trans code 345 or 904 auto
F1 = radio 361 am economy
H5 = heater 385 heater with front defrost
M3 = ??
N8 = ??
P1 = ??
QR02 = engine 502 225 1 bbl 145hp

BDY 142 2 door hardtop signet ?
TRM P4T Tan vinyl buckets
PNT XXY light beige / Tan metallic not sure here

PS I got this info from a book I purchased
Product ID: 147-GGB103
Product Name: Chrysler Corporation Production Option Code Book 1962-65
Unit Price: $17.00
--------------------------
From www.megapartsusa.com

I think you have a HAMTRAMCK car built on 9/10/1963
A5 = trans code 345 or 904 auto
F1 = radio 361 am economy
H5 = heater 385 heater with front defrost
M3 = ??
N8 = ??
P1 = ??
QR02 = engine 502 225 1 bbl 145hp

BDY 142 2 door hardtop signet ?

Your info seems to make sense...

According to the VIN (1442518010) it is a Hamtramck car.

Other info:
1964 Valiant Signet 200
2dr hardtop
/6, 225, 1 bbl

PNT XXY:
(X) Light Beige main (X) Light Beige stripe; essentially no exterior accent (Y) Tan Metallic for the interior door paint and dash..?

TRM P4T:
I have buckets, they must have been reupholstered a long time ago with fabric, and they dont match the interior color very well. Back seat still has vinyl...

All your other numbers add up. I'll keep searching for the other codes in question.

Thanks so much!

I pretty much said the same thing, I think....:?:
When I said it the numbers did not correspond but when he said it they make sense?
I must have missed something. So much for trying to help.

Phish, sorry for the confusion, when i posted this:
Thanks, I have seen this one and it seems to just be for a broadcast sheet. None of these numbers correspond with the codes on the fender tag...

...it was actually directed towards the post previous to yours.

You and I must have been typing at the exact same time, you hit the 'post' button first... your info was helpful, thanks!

-
Back