Help:Fuel Line/Feed/Regulator & Return Size

-

LIME TWIST DART

Reaction score
So, I bought the fuel log pictured below. After much thought and help from FABO I decided to go with a Mallory return style regulator on the return side.
My plan was to run -8AN and 1/2" throughout the fuel system. The filter, pump, inlet side of the log and return port on regulator are all -8AN. However, I failed to verify the return side port size on the log when ordering. It showed up and the return side is -6AN. My Regulator has -8AN fuel inlet port, 3 -6AN fuel outlet ports and the -8AN return port.

Questions:
1) My understanding is that you want the return side to be the same size or larger than the feed side. Is that ONLY considering the actual fuel Line size from pump to carb and regulator to tank, or all fittings and passages throughout? The whole system would be 1/2" except for where the log meets the regulator, post carb. It would be 3/8". Does this create a bottle neck or restrict the flow? Do I need a log that has -8AN on both sides not -8AN in and -6AN out?

2)If the regulator was being hooked up pre carb the fuel line would be hooked up to the regulator's -8AN input port and the fuel would be delivered to the carb via 1,2 or 3 of the regulator's -6AN output ports. Since I am connecting the regulator to the Log output side, what port on the regulator do I hook up to the Log outlet? The -8AN Input and block the -6AN ports as the fuel would then continue out the -8AN return port?

In case it matters: Approx. 500HP 413 stroker, 4781 850cfm Holley, 1" tapered spacer, Victor 340, 4000 stall, 3.91, Holley electric Black pump(may be switching to Holley HP Billet Fuel Pumps 12-700) and Mallory 4307M return style regulator. Street driven, but no where close to daily.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 248
i would go dual walbro 255's with -8 feeds to each with filters. y into a single -8 feed and return. on the carb run a -6 to each bowl, not the log. lastly mount the regulator on the firewall and you'll be good

No. I don't think the 3/8 section will hurt a thing.

i would go dual walbro 255's with -8 feeds to each with filters. y into a single -8 feed and return. on the carb run a -6 to each bowl, not the log. lastly mount the regulator on the firewall and you'll be good
that's a slight overkill since one 392 -255 lph walbro will easly feed 650 na hp and some claim more than that.\\

-
Back