Help got scammed!

-

Mopars#1

Reaction score
I should have checked this site first.
I sent a guy who was banned from this site as a scammer a check

He deposited it for $4,000.00

On Wednesday I bought an R3 and some ported w2's with intake from him. ( off racingjunk.com

I have been trying to contact him, he had been telling me his name was Brian Levine

Checks made out to LB performance and mailed to Sonoma California

Shows deposited to a Wells Fargo bank, I'm a contractor and told him I will be heading his way with 5 of my guys if he doesn't respond.

I live near Chicago

His name on here used to be Pwest, I just saw he was banned as a scammer..( holy crap)

Please if a moderator has any info on him I need to get this, as I may have to go to the authorities.

As times get tougher scammers get craftier. Be careful when buying. Hope it works out.

I have been talking with him for 6 weeks through emails...

He answered my questions very quickly with info only Mopar guys would know..

well that blows big time.why are there so many scum bags that prey on good people i hope you get it resolved

It's amazing how they are there before the sale, then disappear after they get the money....

Good luck finding this scumbag and getting your parts or your money back.

did you put a stop/cancel on the check?

I was talking to this guy for two months, sending him pics of my car... He actually knew his stuff, part numbers etc. Responded very quickly.

It was not u til this morning that I saw his screen name banned from this site, I was hoping a moderator could give me info on him.. That's why I posted here.

I emailed Ryan at shady dell and he said he never ported a set of heads for a guy named Brian in Sonoma... I emailed Ryan the photos that this guy Brian sent me of the heads and port work.

Ryan said those were the heads he did for Willard in 2006 and sent me his phone number.. In Florida... I called Willard and he said a guy was asking about his heads a couple months ago from California.. He was sharing pictures etc. But the guy never bought the heads... It was then I figured I got scammed.. The guy was listing parts that he didn't even own

I just got home from the police department.. This guy did deposit my checks into a business account... LB performance. It's a Wells Fargo account.. That all I know... Now my police station has to get in touch with the Sonoma police station

Jeeze

I always pay with my credit card thru pay pal , safest way to go

Good luck

I usually do also... This really boggles my mind. As this guy is definitely a mopar guy, he knew to much about the differences in w2's heads and R blocks internal oiling, etc. He even rattled off the correct lifters to use with the 59 degree R blocks with a roller cam.... A scam artist couldn't have known and answered as quickly as him.. Someone has to know this guy I know it...he even told me he's down in Bakersfield for the hot rod reunion on the 18th.

I've been a mopar guy since I was a kid... I guess I put to much into that... Just didn't feel like this would happen.. I thought we all are bonded in a way.

Sorry to hear, BUT a$$holes, thieves, scammers and a$$clowns are everywhere, whether they own a chevy, ford, mopar...the make of the car they own doesnt make the person...
Sorry but $4000 in cheque form?? wow...not a frickin chance...

I too have been scammed by this same guy. I sent him a check for a r3 block and he cashed it on the 23 of last month. His name is brian and I sent my check to Sonoma made out to lbperformance. For the last week and a half I haven't been able to get ahold of him and the phone number he gave me is now disconnected!!! The number was 7077878216. I think after doing research this is that marks340 guy, I wish I would have read more on this forum before sending money but he really seemed to know his stuff and seemed like a nice guy. The way I figured he was marks340 was because Brian Lange aka masks340 use to be performanceWest on racingjunk and had very similar ads as lbperfomance. On racingjunk this last time his name was Aussie connection.

Time to send Stewie in to collect....

[ame]http://youtu.be/ZomwVcGt0LE[/ame]

I too have been scammed by this same guy. I sent him a check for a r3 block and he cashed it on the 23 of last month. His name is brian and I sent my check to Sonoma made out to lbperformance. For the last week and a half I haven't been able to get ahold of him and the phone number he gave me is now disconnected!!! The number was 7077878216. I think after doing research this is that marks340 guy, I wish I would have read more on this forum before sending money but he really seemed to know his stuff and seemed like a nice guy. The way I figured he was marks340 was because Brian Lange aka masks340 use to be performanceWest on racingjunk and had very similar ads as lbperfomance. On racingjunk this last time his name was Aussie connection.

Please call me ASAP I sent you a PM

Ya that DOG got a good *** kick for sure.

Too bad that there isn't a good post of part 2 of the money collection.... :banghead:

That's what you feel like doing to people that rip you off... :finga:

Too bad that there isn't a good post of part 2 of the money collection.... :banghead:

That's what you feel like doing to people that rip you off... :finga:

There will be a part two, I have located him,

To be continued.

By any chance this is not the same clown, going by a different name, that scammed some fine folks from here a while back, think his name was Mark I think. He was from that area. Crackedback knows of him I believe. Chris, aka Dusterdragracer had dealings with him. I never write checks anymore. Took me 2 years to use 1 book of checks. Most of them were written to the same person. Good luck getting this resolved, please do keep us posted...

By any chance this is not the same clown, going by a different name, that scammed some fine folks from here a while back, think his name was Mark I think. He was from that area. Crackedback knows of him I believe. Chris, aka Dusterdragracer had dealings with him. I never write checks anymore. Took me 2 years to use 1 book of checks. Most of them were written to the same person. Good luck getting this resolved, please do keep us posted...

Same guy, has been doing this for years... Scammed 6 people over the last two months.

-
Back