HELP... HEI/Electronic Volt Regulator wiring question

-

64X2

Mohel at your service.
Reaction score
I had an engine fire and I am starting from scratch. I have read and reread all the info on the HEI swap and I have everything ready to wire in. I am trying to figure out where to put the ignition 1 wire J2 dark blue wire and the blue field wire for the electronic voltage regulator and the ignition 2 wire J3 dark brown that goes to the coil. I am also wiring in a 4 pin relay, and in the article on this forum it shows J2a going to J2 wire which is the wire that goes volt regulator. What about the J3 wire that goes to the coil in a non HEI set up, where does it go? I don't have a ballast, and I have wires coming out of the bulkhead connector that I have to wire to the right components.. This is on a 64 Valiant 170 slant six...

The original dark blue "run", the brown "bypass" and the regulator "I" terminal, and the alternator field on 70/ later all connect together. This one point also hooks to the indicated terminal on the HEI, or the coil + Here's the HEI diagram

Make sure you hook the designated pins to the relative pins on the dist. connector, IE the top terminal of the dist connector represents the exposed "male" part of the connector. Reversing these leads will change "rotor phasing."

Attachments

• HEIdiagram.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 497
Thanks that's what I needed. Wiring can get confusing sometimes in the midst of modification. Thanks again.

photo6.jpg

-
Back