help!! I am in need of a pair of bfg radial t/a 215/60 r15 tires

-

dmaccons

Reaction score
anybody know of a supplier that may have a pair bfg radial t/a 215 60 15's.

I have looked long and hard the last few months and all i hear is they are on backorder.Was supposed to be May but now they are saying August.I allready have the rear tires so I need these to match up the set.
I would even be interested in a decent driver pair for now till they make some more tires.
Ya never know,maybe one of you have a set or know someone that does.
I don't mind paying shipping if it is reasonable.

Got the car partially assembled and am near ready to install the K-frame and really need a set of tires.

Attachments

• IMG_2545.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 302
I talked to Tire Rack and they are saying mid August at the earliest.
I thought this was a pretty common size but I geuss I was wrong.
Definately a common size in the A-body world!!

I just got my T/A s from Mavis, but mine are 215-65 15 (for the front of my duster)and they had them in stock

I bought some 215 65 15s at the portland swapmeet in april from coker tire. Try that size, it isn't much taller. What part of Alberta are you in?

I am 1hr south of Calgary.
Is there anyone running the 215 65 15 on 15 x 7 with 4.25 b.s. on a 68 cuda with stock front end?

The forum preview for this thread says "help!! I am in need of a pair..."

Just sayin. lol

I have tried everywhere to find 215/60/15 BFG TA's. Most places say they will not be available until mid august at the earliest.

I would also be interested to know if anyone is running 215/65/15 on a 15x7 wheel with 4.25-4.5 backspacing (on a 67-69 barracuda).

I just added two to the shopping cart and I received this message...

"The part BFG-71715 currently has 0 in stock and 2 that will be special ordered for you. Tentative ship date: 7/11/2012 if your order is placed today."

I guess that's better than August, but I am not sure I believe it because I talked to Coker yesterday (who I believe is taking over the production of BFG TA's - Summit even has them listed as a Coker tire now) and they said mid-August...

Summit for me says mid august and it's listed under Coker. I guess this settles my choice between 225 and 215! The 225 seems more plentiful.

I talked to Summit and they say july 15th is what the supplier is telling them.He also said there is nothing for sure and that the date could be changed at any time.I will wait and see what the 15th brings and if they still dont have the 215-60's I will order the 215-65-15's and try them out.

Discount Tire Direct has them in stock with free shipping.
http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direct/cart/showCart.do

I talked to Summit and they say july 15th is what the supplier is telling them.He also said there is nothing for sure and that the date could be changed at any time.I will wait and see what the 15th brings and if they still dont have the 215-60's I will order the 215-65-15's and try them out.

I'm running 225/60/15 bf Goodrich TA radials on a 15x7 Cragar with 4.25 back spacing on front and 235/60/15 15x7 4.25 back spacing on back of my 67 Cuda stock wheel wheels.

Tread city tire north tonawanda, NY. Don will hook you up. Just bought two today 716-693-4800

Ok I checked into this for you.

I called Michelin just now (Michelin owns BFG) and was told there is NO production date set. Basically that means you aint getting these tires any time soon.

Even if they had a production date, that just means the tire goes into production on that date. After that, you are looking at a minimum of 8-10 weeks before the tires starting showing up at the wholesalers and dealers.

Hate to the the bearer of even worse news but there is also a *rumor* that BFG is going to get out of the white letter tires. If that is true, Coker would snatch up the molds and they would only be available through him.
(BFG just increased the price of their white letter tires too)

Also, if you do find some, check the part number on them. The old number was 67797 and the new number is 71715. Anyone who has them in stock probably has the old number so just make sure you get a deal accordingly.

Hope this helps!!

-
Back