HELP i dont think i need new suspsension items but i ordered them anyway

-

jasonmrenda

Reaction score
well i assumed that everything on the 76 swinger would be bad in the suspension dept. well i power washed the k frame AFTER ordering the graphite kit from performance suspension and everything looks like its been replaced fairly recently. no movement in ball joints at all and all the boots on everything look brand new (though some hairline cracks)

so my latest dilemma. i paid for the parts but Jerry is willing to refund them once i send them back. paid 290 inc shhipping and will prob cost 25 or so to send them back. so should i just use them even though technically everything seems pretty darn good as-is - i could def put that 275$ to other uses for this car. is the suspension kit night and day over newly replacerd non-polyeurethane kits for a car that will get maybe 2k miles annually?

Jerry at performance suspension.com has been great and very understanding. always inspect parts BEFORE buying replacements for them duh!

any thoughts? not only will sending these back save me that cash but i wopnt need to buy the ball joint socket tool or have a local shop do it for me at 100$. but if you all think it is worth it i will do it. these really look like theyve been replaced very recently.

You could sell them to someone that will need them, or you could keep them as spairs. I guess you have to weigh how much it is going to cost you to send them back, vs how much you spent, and decide if that is an acceptable loss ( call it a learning fee as it were )

j

send them back, eat the shipping fee and chalk it up to experience.

put em all in there and know that the job is done right and be done with that job...

i just rechecked them all again. by no means am i a suspension expert but i think i'll be fine with the ones on there ffor a while. if i need to redo them i will most certainly order from jerry again. i think the cost of shipping will be about 20 bucks or so - a fair price to pay to learn to check before busting out the wallet. if the parts looked even remotely worn i'd toss these on there right away but i just cant seem to find any issues with the setup as-is. i can always buy them again but in the meantime i can use this cash for new brakelines and a few other safety items that havent been addressed. i will sleep on it/do some research and then make a decision.

thank you alll and feel free to add other opinions. i am very new to this mopar scene!

-
Back