HELP..I need some advice

-

highflyer

Reaction score
I started to paint my intake man yesterday after taking it to work and beadblasting it,,,i went to paint it...got it all tapped up and discovered a crack on top of the heat crossover where the plenum attaches..this is a torker 340..now i want to replace it ..which manifold should i use for this mild street motor..360 with j heads..iv looked at summitt and moparts..iv looked at M1 torker 11 and rpm...i dont want to pay the money for a air gap..it needs to be VERY streetable and ...IT has a mild cam..will use factory exh manifolds,,any help and or part numers would be highly appreciated...tx..j

Well,i went out and looked it says edelbrock on it with 1405 0875 on one pad on one side it says weber ...on top it says 8867...it looks like a AFB to me...

A cheep, decent intake would be a factory 340 cast iron unit, often found for 50-75 bucks.

It would meet all your needs and budget.

I have a factory 340 intake, but it's a 72. That means you'd have to run an adapter plate or a thermoquad.

iv looked at the performer rpm edl 7176 and the pics show a heat crossover but the illustration says no heat tube....does anyone know this manifold and can set me straigh..good or just ok..any help please.also will j heads work with this manifold....j

No exhaust crossover,and will work great with your J heads.
Other than an Air-Gap,cant think of a better intake for you.

-
Back