Help, I Need To Paint My Hookers!!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
I am ready to paint my Hooker fender wall headers, any idea what kind of paint to use? I don't have the cash to get them ceramic coated, so painting them will have to do. I have heard that BBQ grill cast iron black paint is good. Has anybody powdered coated headers with a high temp coating? I want something that will last and look good, any help would be super! :)

long lasting and good looking paint for headers is almost unheard of from what ive tried. I think eastwood makes something good for manifolds that you apply with a foam brush. it will take awhile, but ive heard that works very well.

Yep that's right. Eastwood makes a Stainless Steel high temp coating that works really well. I used it on my 20 year old Hookers after I sand blasted them and wiped them down with Lacquer Thinner and it lasted for a good 10 years before I bought my TTI's. I sticks real well and slows down any surface rusting as well.

I painted my headers with Krylon high heat aluminum ( after sand blasting ) . They lasted pretty decently for 5 years, ( sold the car ). They fisheyed in a few spots but that was due to not wiping them down correctly.

Yeah, I think Hooker was hoping that after about 3 or 4 years, I'd be back bying a new pair. When your dollars come hard, you have to be creative and finds ways around the big guys who want you hard earned green.

I even tried VHT paint which wasn't worth the effort. The one thing that worked before I bought the Eastwood coating believe it or not was Webber bar-b-cue paint. That stuff really holds up too. Didn't care much for the flat black color though!

-
Back