Help identify this swap meet o/d trans

-

YY1

Reaction score
I'm not real well versed on manuals, but have started reading up a bit.

I found this one at a local swap meet.

The guy said it was from a truck, but it looks like a short shaft unit.

Is the shifter mount different? Maybe too high?

What's a fair price for one of these?

He was asking 450, which I thought was crazy high.

Thanks.

Attachments

• trans at swap meet.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 182
Found this pic in a for sale link here.

It looks like the A body mount location is there on the swap meet trans, but the shifter is higher.
Hmmm.

Attachments

• a body 4 speed.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 217
I'm not real well versed on manuals, but have started reading up a bit.

I found this one at a local swap meet.

The guy said it was from a truck, but it looks like a short shaft unit.

Is the shifter mount different? Maybe too high?

What's a fair price for one of these?

He was asking 450, which I thought was crazy high.

Thanks.

GM truck ...GM did use new process built transmissions at one time....that is definitely for a GM...I would not get involved with it for that kind of money ....RUUUUUUN.

that is also a coarse spline input shaft so good luck finding the right clutch spline combo for use in a mopar anyway ......plus lining it up with the crossmember will probably be a disaster......who knows what kind of gear ratios your looking at too

Rani is correct, its a 833 OD but its for a GM truck. Practically worthless really.

^Yep. They are correct. It's an '80s GM truck tranny. Not worth anything near that much

Yep, 80's NP833 for a GM truck.

It's the exact same thing as a Mopar A833-OD, right down the gear ratios. The only differences are it'll have Either a Mopar, GM or a GM & Mopar bolt pattern for the bellhousing (most used a Mopar Trans pattern Bell with a special cheby block/bell pattern), and the spline counts will be different.

Now if it had been the 4WD Version of the A833-OD / NP833, I would have bought it from the OP (YY1), because it'd be perfect for installing an A833 in my 4x4 Dodge D50

-
Back