Help identifying body piece

-

MoparGirl

Reaction score
Hey Guys/Gals,

I need some help with a part that is rotten in my Dart Sport. I'm trying to find metal replacements but don't know what to call it so the search isn't going well. To make matters worse, I've been on a web site within the past couple of months that have what I'm looking for, but I can't remember where it was. (feeble mind)

Anyway, these are rails that are under the hood on both the drivers side and pass side. They have impressions in them that are oval shaped and are about 1 &1/2 inches wide by about 32 inches long. The hood sits on top of them.

Mine are completely rusted where the bolts go and beyond. As I mentioned I was on a site recently where you could buy something very similar and weld them in.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!

Pam

This piece? The one pictured is below the fender lip that goes ontop of this one. In other words, if you can see your tire from the engine bay then you'll need a new strip on inner fender (pictured) and a new one on the fender. Chances are good that if the fender one needs to be replaced, you're better off finding a whole fender off a doner car.

The body shop custom made this one for mine:

inner%20fender%20lip%20passengers%20side%20finished.jpg

Yep, that's it!

Yes, I can see through mine in many areas. My fenders are good, it's just the part below them that's rotten. I was thinking I could reinforce them somehow.

Thanks for the help!

:thumbup:

MoparGirl, The photo that H22A4 posted looks like the top edge / flange of the inner fender panel. Wow, if someone repods such a thing that would something, maybe his body guy could make them for you. Sounds like you are saying there is rust thru elsewhere in those panels? Some folks on FABO have had patch panels made or pieces cut from a donor car in salvage yards to be welded in to repair fenderwell header holes or rust thru under battery trays. I know there is a company, Auto Body Specialities that sells repo "inner fender apron patch" (part # MP-399) for $99 Not sure if this is the piece you need, but take a look ? Guess it is a matter of what approach costs you the least to fix the rust thrus you have. Do you have photos showing the extent of the rust thru ? From the looks of some members projects on this site; there are some great car builders here who might advise you, I'm sure they will step up to help.

http://www.autobodyspecialt.com/

Hey Mopar Girl, It's me again, just saw this post from a fellow on another section of FABO that is parting out a 72 Dart Swinger, you might check with him to see if he has the parts you may need. Gee, his car looks too nice to part out?

-
Back