Help identifying carb please

-

sabre67

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This is the carb on my 71 duster 318,i need to rebuild but dont know what brand it is? It doesnt look like a Carter. Any heip would be greatly appreciated. it is a 2bbl Thanks

Attachments

• carb1.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 130
  • carb2.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 167
  • carb3.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 153
tryung again

Attachments

• carb1.jpg
    72.9 KB · Views: 114
  • carb2.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 126
  • carb3.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 120
Would that be on the car from the factory its a canadian model

Yes. Entirely possible. It looks factory.

the reason it doesnt have a carter carb. is that carter couldn't supply carbs to chrysler for that year. might have been a plant fire, not sure.

the reason it doesnt have a carter carb. is that carter couldn't supply carbs to chrysler for that year. might have been a plant fire, not sure.

I believe it was 85-90 that Rochester supplied the M4ME for 318 -360 engines and these were 4 barrel quadrajets.

Yep, that's a 1971 Rochester 2G for Dodge/Plymouth 318 applications. It will not interchange with GM versions because the baseplate pattern is different.

Good carb.

They probably just couldn't supply enough BBD carbs since so many vehicles were going out the door with 2bbl 318 engines. The 360/400 used a Holley 2bbl but I think the bolt pattern was different and it wouldn't just swap over.

The rochester version is pretty rare. I have one in my collection.

I have one of these on my 71 Swinger. Fender tag said it was a California car.
Its about to be replaced by a Eddy 1406 though.

-
Back