Help identifying part and finding a new one...??

-

Tnutz144

Reaction score
I have a 70 Dart Swinger...there is a small module that mounts on the underside of the dash right under the glovebox that has a bracket that holds it to the dash. The numbers on it are 2983872, 93596-A, and 3539. My Parts Manual CD doesn't show a parts number for this. It has a 3-prong plug, and the local Dodge dealer doesn't know what it is; they're guessing a heater control module, heater resistor, or a key buzzer (but we don't have the key buzzer hooked up right now). We're installing a new ignition switch; whenever we turn the key on, this module makes several clicking sounds, and my accessories on my car don't work. Anyone know what this is, and where I can get another one??

If you have a part # the local dealer should be able to look it up and do a nationwide search for it. I know those little F-connectors for the windshield washer hoses are still sitting on dealers shelves. Layson charges $12.00 for them and the dealers that have them sell them for $1.20. Small parts like that came in bags of ten and alot of old school dealers still have them.

i thought what was the buzzer. I found that on my '70 swinger and it was unplugged. So i plugged it in and it was the buzzer. And it was annoying, so i unplugged it. i can't verify part number though.

Steve

-
Back