help!!! look at these control arm PICS whats up with the sleeve

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
im putting my disc breaks on so i pulled off my drivers side upper control arm
and seen this where the upper bushing goes thru sleeve not sure if this is stock or whats going on looks to new to be stock like some one rigged some thing up not welded at all may be u can replace these??

please pass on what ever you think may be going on here i planed to use these upper control arms if i could sense they are way nicer to have coated
but if some one has messed with these im not sure how safe they are

tomorrow ill press the bushings out and see more but for now fig i would ask

cars a 68 breaks are from a 67-72 a body i was told so i think i can use all my stuff but my spindles sense all my suspension is new and my control arms are nicer

thanks

Attachments

• lower pic.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 236
  • lowr 2.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 230
nothing looks abnormal. the bushing with the rubber missing still has the outer sleeve in the A arm. It needs to be pressed out before you change the bushing.
this is how they are supposed to look. It is cheap looking though.

spray some Deep Creep or equivalent on them for a few days and press them out. No big...

no not the rubber i know all about that the outter sleeve looks all nice and shinny

not rusted at all just looks like it was replaced or some thing i wasint sure and still not
intill i work on them tomorrow if its a peace of pipe some one cut and used or if its really just randomly that clean

our after just re reading the post do i replace both the outter metal sleeve and the rubber bushing thats probley what im looking at ones been done but not the other

i have never done this on a mopar so im kind of surprised and asking stupid questions

the pic with two control arms stacked is just showing how one looks like its been there sense new other just looks new

One of your control arms has a new bushing..the other one needs a new bushing. Press out that rusty shell and replace it with one that looks the the other. Moog #408. But if you're going to clean up the arms and powder coat 'em press out the old bushings and don't install the new until they've been coated.

ok now its make sense the sleeve is actully a wear part didnt know that im use to just putting in new rubbers and spacer and calling it a day

thanks

-
Back