help me find a company to ship a motor

-

1970-dart

Reaction score
so member here is in need of a motor that i have and committed to giving it to him. i have searched here with no real solid leads on shipping the motor from VT to GA does anybody have a line on decent company for shipping a motor.

Where bouts in Georgia?

Did John's dumbass buy a motor from you? lol

If you can put it on a pallet and shrink wrap it then just about any LTL carrier will pick it up. It will need to be wrapped, empty (no fluids), and secured to a pallet in order to truck ship it.
UPS Freight, FEDEX Freight, Tazmanian Freight, YRC, Yellow, pilot Freight Services, etc etc

I WAS gonna say I can go as far as the north border of Tennessee or South Carolina and bring it here until he can pick it up, because if it's for John, he's about the best friend I have. If we can get it relayed if maybe somebody is comin this way for something.

Rob, 31558 is the South eastern Ga. coast, around St Marys. Just North of Jacksonville, Fl.
At most it's a 4 hour drive one way.

It is for john. And I got a quote if 400.00 for door to door shipping with lift gate service. I have replied to see how much savings if it was dropped off and picked up at the terminal and waiting on reply.

I did get a (loose)quote from ups freight for around 350.00 and that's drop/pick at terminal. I can get it all drained and secured to a pallet and wrapped that's not an issue.

Check in to shipping it from dock to dock for the best rate. You would have to take it to the shipper and he would have to pick it up at the shippers dock.

Edit: Lol, you posted while I had this page open and was reading other posts.

Rob, 31558 is the South eastern Ga. coast, around St Marys. Just North of Jacksonville, Fl.
At most it's a 4 hour drive one way.

I am very familiar with where it is. I have been there.

Try the FABO transportation page…. Maybe someone can get it to Carlisle… and transfer to another member to get it to GA on his way home.

400 aint to bad. My thought was that if somebody was comin this way, I could meet them where I specified and bring the engine here. John comes this way often and he could get it then. I mean just cause we're goin down don't mean we caint help somebody else. I got my utility trailer, Kitty's Escape has a receiver hitch and I have an engine hoist.

Just had a 400+ pound field mower shipped from Vermont to Washington. Was on a pallet. When I asked the company I got it from how much it was going to be to ship it back if I did not like it they said under $300.....That was thru Yellow Frieghtlines or whatever there name is...

-
Back