Help me get the right fan shroud please

-

MrJLR

Built, not bought
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I need/want a fan shroud. Right now it has no shroud.
Problem is I doubt the radiator is original and i know the fan is aftermarket.

What measurements do I need and where can I source the shroud?

Thanks in advance!

Jeff

We need more information and pics of what you have.

Sorry...sometimes I take for granted. ...my setup is in my signature. ..
318, 727....originally a slant -6 but converted to a small block by God knows who...

The engine is out right now, but here are some older pictures. ....
I can easily measure whatever need be.....
I'm just not sure what measurements are needed.....and the fact that I don't really know what radiator I have. ....

Jeff

I used a shroud out of a LeBaron of 5th avenue. If you head to the junkyard you could find something. But I know your style, you want that **** to bling!

Measurements go like this, side mount to mount, top of fins to bottom of fins, location from mount AND top to bottom to fan, and fan diameter.

If you want a childish drawing I could cobble something up in paint, but I think you get the idea...

That is a factory style 70-2 v8 radiator. They make a repop but you can also find a used one. That doesn't look like a factory fan though so you may have to figure out if that fan will work with the factory shroud. I have the same set up in my 67 Valiant. How many cores does it have? I coyuldn't use my factory clutch fan because mine is 3 core which made the radiator thicker to the engine side so I went with a factory steel 7 blade I think. I can get some fan measurements if you need it.

That is a factory style 70-2 v8 radiator. They make a repop but you can also find a used one. That doesn't look like a factory fan though so you may have to figure out if that fan will work with the factory shroud. I have the same set up in my 67 Valiant. How many cores does it have? I coyuldn't use my factory clutch fan because mine is 3 core which made the radiator thicker to the engine side so I went with a factory steel 7 blade I think. I can get some fan measurements if you need it.

So a factory 70 - 72 shroud will fit my radiator?
I can always change the fan if necessary.
Who sells that shroud?

Thanks! !!

yep,that's the one. How many core is your radiator? I have a 3 in mine I think (pics attached)

Attachments

• Picture 3333.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 252
  • Picture 3334.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 224
  • Picture 3329.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 225
I can get a fan width and spacer thickness for you if you need it since we have the same set up.

that should be a common shroud to find used. I would ad here for a used one or try moparts, feebay, etc. $167 for a new shrould! wow!

I have seen the used for $150 up or down. The shroud I have is 325 as the last 3 #'s which is for 70-2 A with v8's. I also located another fan and spacer I had laying around.

The fan I'm using is a factory steel solid mount 18". I'll have to finger my radiator to see how many core mine is. The shroud opening is 19 5/8.

Attachments

• Picture 3336.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 200
  • Picture 3337.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 209
It's good to know what new ones go for so you don't get ripped off on a used one...

Or if you would just rather go new...

You'll probably be better off BUYING a used factory shroud, unless the quality problems with those aftermarket versions have been eliminated.

That's not any special fan shroud, they were used on plenty of 318 and some Slant Six cars, so don't fund someone's retirement for one.

You'll probably be better off BUYING a used factory shroud, unless the quality problems with those aftermarket versions have been eliminated.

That's not any special fan shroud, they were used on plenty of 318 and some Slant Six cars, so don't fund someone's retirement for one.

What were some of the quality problems? ??
Fitment?

The /6 is different and a 326 and the opening is offset more on a slant. I did hear you could flip it upside down and use it for a v8. Truth or fiction?

-
Back