help me identify this part

-

bill detamore

Reaction score
Hey guys

I am cleaning up my engine compartment and am wondering what this part is. Can anyone help on this?

Attachments

• electrical sized.jpg
    176.7 KB · Views: 260
where are the wires runnin too that might help narrow it down some does your car have cruise control?

Unplug it and see if anything happens. Also, see if you can find a part number to google. Where is it located?

I don't know what Mopar called it, but GM called that a TCS system whereas the timing wouldn't advance (through the vacuum advance) until the car met certain conditons. It was part of an emissions system that (GM at least, maybe all 3?) started in 1972.
Thats my guess anyway based on your picture.

George

Thanks so much for the help.

Looks like it is part of the cruise control. One of the wires goes to the speedo junction box. I mean where the 2 piece speedo cable is joined. I know that is part of the cruise control. Did cruise control use vaccum to operate? Just curious.

One other thing. I have a black box maybe 4"x4" that has a bunch of wires going to it. If one of the wires for the cruise control goes to that, how do i remove wires from that box. I took out something last weekend but I had to cut the wire and cap it as i wias not able to remove them from this box. Looks like a junction box meaning there is a hot lead going to it and different things in the engine compartment are fed power from it.

I really appreciate the help. You guys are amazing.

-
Back