Help me identify!

-

ThogtheCaveman

Grand Admiral
Reaction score
Hey guys, I tried searching these numbers but I could never come up with anything. This is a 4 speed and I would like to know what year it is. Also, I have a 383 is supposedly the engine that was hooked up to it, how do I tell if the engine is the one that came with the transmission from the factory? Thanks

IMG_1297 (Small).JPG

IMG_1298 (Small).JPG

IMG_1304 (Small).JPG

IMG_1306 (Small).JPG

IMG_1307 (Small).JPG

IMG_1308 (Small).JPG

1st pick is right behind the bellhousing, 2nd is a closer pic, 3rd is on the tail, 4th is right near all the linkage, 5th....I think that is a clear pic of the same as pic 1 and 2, 6th is just the linkage. I am sure that this is a B body 4 speed because it only has the 1 shifter pad, also do you guys think that the linkage is still good?

On the right side of the case is a machined stamping pad,with serial numbers and a VIN number,post it and i will decode it for you,mrmopartech

tranny1.jpg

Mrmopartech said:
On the right side of the case is a machined stamping pad,with serial numbers and a VIN number,post it and i will decode it for you,mrmopartech

Mrmopartech, by right side do you mean driver side with all of the linkage? I just looked and i can't seem to find it.....well it is dark outside already, I will look again tomorrow when the sun is out.

Here,let me go through the baby steps:Right side of case/paasenger side of the tranny/the side with out the linkage/the side with the 3/4x2 inch machined stamping pad with the numbers on it at the front of the case as in the picture!This is best seen when there is day light,or with a flash light,and the pad sanded down,and on the bench,Mrmopartech

Stenciled number 40 looks like it's from '64-'65 B body 361, 383, 426. Not for sure though. Don't know if this helps or not. MrMT will know for sure, he's really good at this #s stuff.

Ok, I must be really retarded because I swear I cannot find that stamping pad, check out these pictures, there is no stamping pad! :banghead:

IMG_1314 (Small).JPG

IMG_1315 (Small).JPG

IMG_1316 (Small).JPG

Does this tranny of a slip in style yoke or a ball and trunion (flat flange style)?

Lee

I talked to brewer's and they said it was a '64 or '65 b body tranny, I wasn't too sure what the ball and trunion style looked like, but yes, it is. Thanks for putting up with me and for all of you help! :thumbup:

-
Back