Help me pick my Top Fuel seats!!

-

Dragonbat13

Reaction score
I need some help picking my seats for the upcoming race, need some experienced top fuel fans on this one. Figured there may be one or two of you on this forum!! :D

So, I have seen fuel twice. But this is my boys first time. But I am gonna make it to where he can be at the fence at the starting line for the first couple of runs. So I am not looking for starting line seats.

Last time I went ten years ago, they were running 1320. Now its 1000 foot. OK, so be it. When I last went to the races with my brothers first time, we had some seats on the front row, but by the middle of round two, we found that the best place was around the top, at the end of the bleachers (finish line side).

This time, what I want to hear the best of is right when the clutches start to dig in, loading down the engine, and putting max torque to the ground. Kinda like loading down a tractor when pulling something. I want to get right up in that deep, low, spot in the engine rpm area of the track. ALSO, I am considering the angle of the headers pointing towards the stands. Too low, and they are pointed over you, blah, blah.

After watching fuel for so long that point in the cars run is the most impressive to me.

So where should I try to get seats for to achieve this. I am getting tickets on the pit side.

Here is a link to the seating chart.

http://www.royalpurpleraceway.com/seating-chart

This is my thinking anyway. Any input would be greatly appreciated. I want to get good seats, because unlike nascar, NHRA races are very laid back, and we can move around to watch from different angles.

OH YEA, Were gonna be at sundays eliminations. So there will be plenty of races to get the full jest. I have two, maybe three top fuel virgins I am bringing.

Thanks for the help.

good thing I read the whole thread

I was ready to tell you to be a man and just run a bench seat in your top fuel duster

carry on

-
Back