Help me price an Aluminum front bumper frame for Duster

-

Valveguy

Reaction score
I have a nice front aluminum bumper frame that fits, I think, 75 & 76 Dusters, possibly Valiants as well. How much should I sell the frame for?

start asking at $1000.00 and bring it down a dollar a week untill it sells

(its gotta work, i see it happen here in the for sale section all the time)

start asking at $1000.00 and bring it down a dollar a week untill it sells

(its gotta work, i see it happen here in the for sale section all the time)
I just might try that, thank so much! Have a great day!

It can be difficult to price rare parts. So diymirage's method isn't a bad place to start though I can't say if his starting price is reasonable or not. Start off to high and you'll drive interested parties away because they'll see you as unreasonable and unapproachable. Have you searched the "exterior parts for sale" section to see if any others have been offered for sale and what they might have sold for? or what they were asking and didn't sell for? The problem with the hobby today is people get hung up on "worth" and demand that as a sales price without doing any research to try and find out what they "sell" for. The two numbers are often very different in the marketplace for almost any good or service. I hope you post an ad as I'm very curious what one of these might sell for.

I haven't looked but I will. Still waiting to see if someone who has sold one like mine might see this. You are right though.

I try to price the parts I sell at what I would be willing to pay. But as part get rare, the price definitely goes up. You need to search for sold prices and then price yours reasonably.

I'm not familiar with the later models is this the brace that goes behind the bumper that uses the impact shocks

Do a search in the for sale forum and you’ll get an idea of what sellers are asking. The Feather Duster front bumper inner bracing (aluminium) is 26.5lbs lighter than the steel inner bracing.

I searched Feather Duster bumper and (4) candidates popped up. They ranged in price from $100-$350. None of them were marked sold. So rare as it is, apparently it is not a hot commodity. You could start a conversation with those sellers individually and ask them if they did sell since they may have simply not updated their ad after they sold the item.

The market of cars that fits is, sadly, pretty small.

Got any pictures of said part? I might be interested.
Sorry, I guess I don't log in enough. This part might go with a 76 duster that I'm selling. If it doesn't, I'll photograph it and post. If my email is too late, my apologies to you.

-
Back