Status
Not open for further replies.

dartlover

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Contact seller
Hello,
I'm looking for someone that has already or would be willing to scavenge the hood mounting hardware brackets from their '63-'66 Dart hood parts.
I need the hood mounting hardware bracket that slips up inside the hood and has the threaded mounting holes to connect the hood and hinges together. It's a ~7 inch long bracket with 3 threaded holes in it and a teardrop shape on one end. Two of the holes are for the mounting bolts for the hood hinges and the 3rd hole is smaller and is used to hold the bracket itself to the hood once you slip it into the pocket in the hood.

Hope someone can help... Craig :thumbup:

Im parting out a 66, the hinge seems to work well. send me a PM. we will do what we can, Mine has no title. so If I can help get one back on the road, Im willing to part mine.

Im parting out a 66, the hinge seems to work well. send me a PM. we will do what we can, Mine has no title. so If I can help get one back on the road, Im willing to part mine.

Hey great news!
It's not the actual hinge I need though. It's the metal plate that slips into the hood that the hood bolts thread into. The hood bolts pass through the hinge and then into the hood. The hood itself is just a single thickness of sheet-metal so these plates I'm describing are about 3/16 thick and have the threaded holes for the mounting bolts to thread into. The key here is that your hood pretty much needs to be junk for you to want to remove the mounting plates from it since no plates = no bolt holes!
I'm going to upload some pics of the plates and the slot in the hood where they go shortly.
Thanks for the reply, Hope we can work it out!...:D
hood-mount-pocket.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back