Not open for further replies.

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I had the unpleasant experience today of learning that the steering column I bought 4 yrs. ago is the WRONG ONE for my car. I cannabalized my old one for parts and now I can't go back. At least no without hacking it together.

I need a MANUAL STEERING column from a FOUR SPEED car. If anyone has ever yelled help and needed it it's ME right now! :dontknow:

BTW: I'm going to bump this `til I get help!

John, The one you have now is it a auto column ? Are you totally against an adapter ? The flaming river piece is real nice and replaces the sloppy factory coupler

IM000973.jpg

IM000973.jpg

IM000973.jpg

John, The one you have now is it a auto column ? Are you totally against an adapter ? The flaming river piece is real nice and replaces the sloppy factory coupler

IM000973.jpg

My A body column is SHOT to hell...bent, rusted, bad bearings. I bought what I *thought* was another A body column. I dis-assembled it, cleaned & painted it, made it REAL pretty.... and when I pull mine out I realize the one I bought is a B body column. It's about 4" too long and will not physically bolt in.

I need a column.... :angry7:

IM000973.jpg

IM000973.jpg

What pieces would make you whole: sector shaft? Column tube? ...

What pieces would make you whole: sector shaft? Column tube? ...

I need the column tube and the shaft w/ the bearings. I also need the "tulip" portion that attaches to the upper section of the inner tube (the bell shaped piece)

Finding an entire column would be great, but pieces will do also.

Hi John, is it just the length (the shaft that go's to your adaptor)? Is that the only problem with fitting correctly? Is everything else fine. Not sure if your year has the inner telescope tube, however...
My inner shaft was too long as well (about 3 or 4 inches). I took it all apart and pulled the two plastic securing pins out of the colapsing tube shaft. Pushed the inner tube further into the outer to the correct length, then just spot welded and put her together and it works great!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back