Help -- need suggestions for spraying the cowl area

-

Legacy

Reaction score
Hi

We are getting ready to spray my son's 66 Dart. We are changing the color from white to grey. One thing now sure of is how to make sure we get the area under the cowl vents painted.

Aside from just spraying thru the vents and the clean out plug areas on the firewall is there any other techniques I should try?

Thanks much
Legacy

There are several threads on restorations here where people took the top of the cowl OFF for rust repairs and paint. That is the only method I know of personally that will assure you get it all. It's a lot of work, but that's the only way I know to do it right.

Thanks for the reply RustyRatRod. As you point out, is a lot of work and was hoping to avoid that.

Legacy

The simpler thing to do would be to take a can of undercoat or similar that uses a spray straw to black out the inside of the cowl through the grille after it's painted. That's what I did.

if you take out the heater assembly, can you just "mop" paint in there with some sort of duster and a flexible wand"

Another thought, eastwood sells a long flexible sprayer for doing the inside of the frame rails. maybe that could work.

Another thought, eastwood sells a long flexible sprayer for doing the inside of the frame rails. maybe that could work.

I've used half a dozen cans of that on my dart and it works real slick once you get the hang of it. I only saw green when I purchased mine though. Haven't looked since to see if there are other colors.

Thanks to all for the suggestions.

Legacy

-
Back