HELP need to find vin

-

quartermilepass

Reaction score
got a racecar on a trade awhile back, no dash no title no vin, heard there are a few places, somewhere on the radiator support? or possibly in the trunk under the cowl area on the quartr panel

if anyone can help let me know want to make it streetable but dont want to go taking the paint off of places and not be able to find it.

1972 plymouth duster. i do not know if it has original doors/fenders/quarters on it, can only assume it has original quarts and fenders but not doors.

856496_10151345898649565_1522599897_o.jpg

778661_10151327809059565_1445815067_o.jpg

just some pictures

core support top left side under coolant sticker probably painted over, you can run finger under it and feel the stamp if so grab thin paper and get a rubbing. also I think the rear one on those is on the package/speaker shelf can be seen from trunk looking up.

on the one support i found like 6 digits or so if thats what your talking about its on the middle or left . iam not sure if that shelf is still there under the rear cowl iassume ur saying right ?

736577_10151278856714565_1537378016_o.jpg

474312_10150590019699565_2141187136_o.jpg

anyone that can help? tired of googling and no answers out there, get stupid answers like oh its located on the dash it can be seen through the drivers side window no ....

I never saw your second response.

Yes, on left side of core support if not full vin - 8 digits. from the look of the back the package shelf is modified (cut out) and the numbers will not be there. Other then that if it wasn't originality stamped on the package it is on the left q-pnl under the seal on the lip. You should be able to feel it from underneath and maybe get a rubbing without breaking paint. It should match the core support numbers.
The numbers you found can you tell what they are?
first: should be year of car,
second: line of car,
3rd-4th-5th: production date
final - last 6 of VIN.

example: 22c12100001

I believe you'll only find the last 8 digits of the VIN on the stampings.

Year
Assembly Plant Code
6 digit sequence #

I know in 68 they changed from using the VON number to using the VIN number. I think he is looking for VS23H2223456 that he is not likely going to find. And yes it could be like the engine stamping which would be year/factory/last 6 of VIN

looking for what i would need to get a title with what i found were just numbers , did not look in lip and not sure if the package tray by speakers has been cut out or not

The only place on your car you'll find the complete VIN # stamped is on the dash or the fender tag.

I don't know how to acquire a title without one of those. Maybe ask your state DMV.....Good Luck

Your DMV, as mentioned above, is the only one that can help you. Finding numbers on the car is irrelevant unless you DMV is going to accept those numbers.

pretty sure it began with a 2 and was like 6 digits long or so, cant remember car been at paint shop for 2 weeks just got it back 2 days ago

well if it is a 72 duster it should start with a 2. You should be able to get all the information less the engine code from those core support numbers. Unless it has the factory engine then the number are the same as core support on the pan rail.

VL29 - Duster, or if it was a 340 car VS29
x = ? C 225 G 318 H 340
2 = 1972
2? = Hamtramck

VIN's can be traced at that point IF you have someone willing to do that. And they, don't know about NJ, can assign you a new VIN tag. It wont be like OEM though.

thank you for your information, what would someone have to do to trace it with those digits? something i can do, something dmv has to do, hire someone else? its a track car id like to just take to get ice cream once in awhile lol

Need the core support numbers so we can limit what it could be. There are total of 4 VIN choices ONCE we have that information.
Most likely police or DMV since they would have to verify it, and determine if stolen or not or whatever else they do...

Your DMV / BMV can inspect the car or have it inspected by a state cop. Once they find the factory partial VINs, they can determine the original full VIN from the FBI and / or NICB records. States are allowed to issue a new VIN if the car has no legal issues.

I have a couple titles with vins. Did that car come from slatington pa. Looks like someones I know. Title might be here if it was a /6 car

-
Back