Help Needed Fender tag decoded 65 dart 270

-

73dart360

Reaction score
can someone help decode this 65 dart 270 ,I am really interested in the color it came to me with a white top which i am not sure is correct ? any pictures of a car with same color would be great

1965 dodge dart fender tag decode.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
AB=30 273 V8 2bbl
D=5 Torqueflite trans
E=1 A/C with heater
Q=1 AM radio
SO NUMBER=C14 Scheduled delivery March 13th 1965
BDY=L31 V8, 2-door sedan, midline trim (270)
TRM=H1T Tan interior
PAINT=WY2 Y Medium tan metallic exterior, white roof. I'm not sure what the extra Y means.

Y is the code for tan. Sometimes, an extra letter under paint can code for a stripe on the side (though the Dart 270 doesn't have a painted stripe), or a different color on the top of the inside door (though with tan inside and out, it should have tan on the doors already).

AB=30 273 V8 2bbl
D=5 Torqueflite trans
E=1 A/C with heater
Q=1 AM radio
SO NUMBER=C14 Scheduled delivery March 13th 1965
BDY=L31 V8, 2-door sedan, midline trim (270)
TRM=H1T Tan interior
PAINT=WY2 Y Medium tan metallic exterior, white roof. I'm not sure what the extra Y means.

Y is the code for tan. Sometimes, an extra letter under paint can code for a stripe on the side (though the Dart 270 doesn't have a painted stripe), or a different color on the top of the inside door (though with tan inside and out, it should have tan on the doors already).
Brummett Thanks -i couldnt figure it out for the life of me It doess have the side trim

20161027_152428.jpg

the car haas been repainted with a flat tan does anyone have pictures of a WY2 Painted car ?

when the tops were painted were they painted all the way down the windshield pillars ? I have never seen a painted top like this?

Wow Dan you are the Galen Govier of the slant six`s and early a` bodies, it amazes me the trreasure trove of information that you provide to all of us members, Thank you for all of your great help

Brummett Thanks -i couldnt figure it out for the life of me It doess have the side trim

Typo on the SO number, C14 is March 14th, not the 13th.

For the side stripe, I'm talking about something like this Dodge where the red stripe is painted, not just part of the trim.
36_main_l.jpg

-
Back