Help needed on painting 340 callout stripe on 1/18th 69 Cuda

-

harrisonm

Reaction score
I got a 1/18 diecast 69 Barracuda fastback about 20 years ago. My 69 Barracuda fastback is F8 dark metallic green with a white 340 callout stripe. I do have a little paint left from when I painted my car, so I completely blew the model apart to paint it. The model currently is a dark green with a 383 callout stripe on it. I want to paint the model with the left over F8 green paint and add the 340 callout stripe. I am not a model expert, so if anybody has any ideas, I am all ears.

Well, can you get a photo of left and right profiles, use reference points and lay it out with Frog tape? Or maybe shrink the photo to help? How about cannibalizing another model kit? Or cutting one out of deal paper freehand?

I got this bout 20 yrs ago

20220120_192754.jpg

I got a 1/18 diecast 69 Barracuda fastback about 20 years ago. My 69 Barracuda fastback is F8 dark metallic green with a white 340 callout stripe. I do have a little paint left from when I painted my car, so I completely blew the model apart to paint it. The model currently is a dark green with a 383 callout stripe on it. I want to paint the model with the left over F8 green paint and add the 340 callout stripe. I am not a model expert, so if anybody has any ideas, I am all ears.
My idea would be don't

When I was heavy into modeling j found out you could buy waterslide paper in clear and white, both in laser and ink jet capatability

I would use ms paint to make my decal and scale it down
Then print it on the waterslide paper and done

I think I may still have a model I did that too around somewhere, ill post some pics shortly

So in this case, I would Google a decal sheet from a 1/25 car, rescale it and done

just a few examples of models i still have

this first one is a picture of my wife, printed on clear paper
i painted the grey and yellow on the hood first, then applied the decal and painted the blue over top

you can see this one shrank a little, to my knowledge it is the only one who ever did this

20220129_132314.jpg

next up is a hotwheels replica
this one was printed on white paper
i found a decal of just the red outline and inserted the black marble, then printed it
the hardest part on this one was cutting it out so the red outline was even and there was no white halo effect

the "426 hemi" and "belvedere GTX" were kit decals which were applied right over top of my home made decals

20220129_132418.jpg

20220129_132456.jpg

finally, a simply project, i took a regular strobe stripe from the kit (didnt even need to rescale it) and added the "GTX" call out
not sure where i found that one, i know it came with a kit, but i dont recall it being that size, so i may have scaled it up a bit and made it look kinda like the billboard decals

this one was printed on clear paper, obviously
20220129_132602.jpg

Last edited:
-
Back