Help needed on trim removal

-

Flatlander

Reaction score
I need to know how to remove the front fender trim on my 1966 Dart GT, it runs along the top of the fender. Is it clipped on and I pop it off, or do I disassemble underneath and remove nuts? Any advice greatly appreciated.

thanks.

The trim on my '66 Valiant is held on with nuts. It could probably be popped off, but it would be easier to remove the nuts.

It should have at one nut in the rear and the balance clips..the front slides onto the spear which has 3 nuts, if memory serves.

Thanks. Haven't had time to get back to it yet, busy and too cold. I have removed the grill and front bumper so it's a start.

the front slides onto the spear which has 3 nuts

When you say "spear", do you mean air divider?

If your calling the air divider that cast piece on the front end of the fender??? yes, that's what I called a spear.

I removed the lower trim from the drivers side quarter window, easy enough to slide it off and I'll get some pics up today. Can I pop off the trim on top of the fenders? I hate to pull the fender liners.

It might slide off, or pop off but getting it back on might be a chore without making a mess of it. There is not that much that holds the splash shields in.

If anybody's interested, here's what the rear quarter trim clips look like:

brian bball and garage 049.JPG

OK, things are going well. Now How does the trim over the door and across the top come off? thanks.

-
Back