Help on duster wheels!

-

75gold.uster

Reaction score
i am looking into buying rims for my 1975 plymouth gold duster(slant 6) but i am not sure how wide of rims i can go in the fronts and the backs without rubbing! i have 14 in rally rims right now but they rubb against the suspension in the front. im not sure on the width of the rims.

does anyone know how big (wide) of rims can go into the fronts of a 75 plymouth gold duster with the small bolt pattern with out rubbing?

and how big can i go in the back?
,thanks andrew

A 1975 with SBP would have to be drum brake. Bolt pattern or brake type does not affect the maximum width of rim you can use (although disks do limit minimum diameter). What does change is the backspacing. A disk brake A body has a somewhat wider track in front, and therefore can tolerate a wider backspace. I personally know two people running 7" wide police rallies on the front of their LBP disk brake cars. You should also be able to go 7" wide on front without problems, if the backspacing is correct. I can't advise on that, but I'm sure the answer is here, if you search.

I am running 7X15 rallies ( 4-1/4" offset) ( speciality wheels) on my duster. no problem . Using a BFG 215 65-R x15 tire.

A 1975 with SBP would have to be drum brake. Bolt pattern or brake type does not affect the maximum width of rim you can use (although disks do limit minimum diameter). What does change is the backspacing. A disk brake A body has a somewhat wider track in front, and therefore can tolerate a wider backspace. I personally know two people running 7" wide police rallies on the front of their LBP disk brake cars. You should also be able to go 7" wide on front without problems, if the backspacing is correct. I can't advise on that, but I'm sure the answer is here, if you search.

how wide do you think i could go on the backs without suspension mods? and do you think it would be good ideas to get small bolt pattern spacers for the fronts of my car?

i am using a 195/65/15 on a 15 x 7 wheel with a 3 1/2 inch backspace on drum brakes with no rubbing. if that helps

how wide do you think i could go on the backs without suspension mods? and do you think it would be good ideas to get small bolt pattern spacers for the fronts of my car?

The rear has been covered in depth. I personally don't remember what the options are - stock look was my goal. I know it's pretty wide, though.

-
Back