Help on my 440 Duster

-
What the chances I can clean them up and problems go away

What the chances I can clean them up and problems go away

Try it. Clean up can't hurt. If you have an issue you will see signs of it when you take it apart. Melting at plastic is a dead give away!

If I have to replace where the best place to get the stuff from...I won't be able to work on it again till wed. I will try a clean up etc

If I have to replace where the best place to get the stuff from...I won't be able to work on it again till wed. I will try a clean up etc
if you read the threads i posted with the links, you will understand what i am talking about and what you need to do. if you want to "replace" the bulkhead connectors and wiring, you can buy the pins, connectors seperately from various vendors or whole harnesses. i was offering you a simple solution to replacing all your wiring and connectors. apparently you dont want to take my advice and take 15 minutes to read through all the information i gave you and you would rather just keep asking retorical questions. if you want to just clean the connectors, pull off the bulkhead connectors and from inside the car, pull out the bulkhead, and clean them. it only takes your time to crawl in there and do it. im not trying to be as ***, but if dont research this and figure it out, this will continue to go in circles. good luck to you...

I read the links and thank you but I want to get to the root and if I have to replace with new I will I am not a fan of of running extra wires when I can solve the problem with a clean correct setup and if you mean Rhetorical I am sorry that you feel that way. Not trying be an ***

i am running the Electronic conversion kit that i got from year one it had the ecu aka the Orange box all that stuff is new because last year i replaced it all. not the starting dragging just wont fire but what seems to getting it over the hump is hooking it up to my truck and letting it sit then just crank away
this is as far as I have read as so as I seen you had the ORANGE BOX I know that has to be your problem I have had two of them and they have dun the same thing put a chrome one on and for get about it.I always put a spare next to the one I'm running..just in case..and make sure all the grounds are good I always ad extra....

Update . Replaced the ing switch today and the problem is gone with the new switch in it fires up fast and I did not realize how much slop was in the old switch....Thanks for the help guys

glad you got it worked out. if you have problems in the future, remember the bulkhead connectors have been linked to a number of problems.

Good job. I like it when thread helps and member post a sucessful result. Nothing more disappointing than finding a thread on a problem your having and the poster doesn't post again their fix.

-
Back