Votes: 1 5.6%
  • PB5 - Electric Blue Pearl

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
-

swisswill

Reaction score
I recently mentioned I am having Sharpie work up a rendering for my PT Dart and he's doing an awesome job putting it together. Here's the thing, I was originally going to do the stripe in white but recently had the idea of doing a ghost stripe so had Sharpie work up a few samples for me. Here is what I'm working from. Color of the car is Viper GTS Blue. The three stripe options from left to right are: PBD (Marathon Blue Pearl), P05 (Hyacinth Blue), PB5 (Electric Blue Pearl), all Chrysler colors of course. So which way do you think I should go...

sidebyside.jpg

If you want to see the renderings a bit larger check out this link:
http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y251/sharpie1k/artwork/sidebyside.jpg

i like the electric blue pearl the most. if it looks that good in sharpie rendering itll look freakin awesome on the real thing.

I like the first one It's close enough away from a white or black stripe
But if you want to realy hide it go farther and just pearl the strip and use the same color as the car, It will be a defanit color change

But if you want to realy hide it go farther and just pearl the strip and use the same color as the car, It will be a defanit color change

I thought about trying to have the Viper blue mixed but lightened a shade or two but that paint isn't exactly cheap so I'm trying figure it out with Brian's help, and everybody else here too. Problem with pearling the stripe, is the Viper blue is already a pearl so I don't think that will work. I also thought about doing the stripe in Viper blue with a satin or even flat finish, but I'm shooting base/clear and I don't think a satin or flat with a clear would have the same effect.

I really dig the Marathon and Electric Blues, just really torn about which to go with. The more I look at the Electric blue, the more it grows on me but I'm not sure it's the right shade.

Keep the votes coming guys, thanks.

-
Back