Help Please - 8.25 11x2 Brakes?

-

1967DartGT

Reaction score
I pulled an 8.25 rear out of a 73 Duster for my 67 Dart. It's up on the hoist in the shop now and the mechanic is pulling his hair out trying to find replacement pads for it. The drums are 11" and the old pads are 2" wide. He has a set of 11x2.5" shoes/pads but they are too wide for the freshly turned drums. The rear bolted right in with the proper perch to perch distance so I'm guessing the rear is an A-body rear end. Did A-body 8.25 rears come with 11x2" brakes? If so where can I order pads? If not, what the heck do I have here?

i got attacked on the slant6 forum for saying a bodys came with htose brakes. no one seems to believe me. they are hard as hell to find and have experienced 2 a bodies and one b body with them.

I bought a rear end with same set up 11x2 it has a 2.94 sure grip in it and it came from a 73 duster! As for the brakes I just bought what would work and it stops on a dime and gives ya change back. And I did try to find out if any a-body came with this set up but never found any info on it.

just have the old shoes relined and make sure they get rearched to match the drums.

-
Back