HELP Please (pics attached)

-

m99roadster

Reaction score
68 Dart 270 4 door sedan SBP. Has 205/70R14 on it and they already bulge on the rims.... Want to put the bigist tire I can without any modifications. Willing to change the rims but would like to stay with 14s... Looking for any suggestions.... Can I put 225/70R14 or 235/70R14 or larger on without any rubbing, will they fit on a 14x6 or a 14x7 rim with no problems? Backspacing im not sure about. Would also like to keep black steel wheels, I have the original dog dish caps.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

225 fits with no problem at all. I can't seem to pull a pic of it up. But if you check my pics out you can see my 69 swinger with the 225/70/14

Thank you for the positive comments, I appreciate it. I took a look at your pictures, you have a nice looking Dart also and the wheels look good on it. I was also thinking of putting the rallye wheels on mine but i'm not sure if I would like them on a 4 door.
Thanks

I'm not sure of the size of the ones that are on there now. I do know they're narrow, did they make a 4 1/2 inch wide rim? If they did thats what I have

you most likely have the 4.5" wide wheel-- look for some 5.5" wide ones or put an ad out for custom made widths. there are shops that will make them to size-- jegs has a sale on 15x7 & other sizes now but only in 4" backspace,

there is a thread showing some interesting wheel tire combos on the darts-- i believe one member has 275/60/15 under his with no mods.
Lawrence

I had a 69 Dart 4-door with SBP rallye wheels and it looked great with white lettered tires, I had 245/60R14 on the rear and a 215/60 or 225/60R14 on the front, car sat and looked nice with that size. BTW, the widest radial tire you can get currently buy for a 14" rim is a 245/60R14 and it fit on the 5 1/2" stock wheel just fint and had plenty of room between the tires and quarter panel.

I called Summit for a quote on 14x6 SBP Rallye wheels. A set of four with caps, rings and nuts to the door would be $663.00 for silver powder coated. Sounds not to bad to me!

I would go with a set of 14'x5.5" steel wheels.
Painted body color. If thats not possible go gloss black.
Redline dog dishes, and a set of 215/70-14 BFG's.
White letter out.
Drop the front a touch.

As mentioned,you have 14"x4.5" steel wheels.

I called Summit for a quote on 14x6 SBP Rallye wheels. A set of four with caps, rings and nuts to the door would be $663.00 for silver powder coated. Sounds not to bad to me!

Real rallyes were actually two different argent silvers, light and dark. I doubt if you'll be getting a true replica of the factory layout from Summit.

Real rallyes were actually two different argent silvers, light and dark. I doubt if you'll be getting a true replica of the factory layout from Summit.

To my knowledge,only the centers had 2 different colors,not the rims.
70 light argent center.
71-72 dark argent center.

Regardless,in my opinion rallyes don't look right on 63-69 A bodies.

-
Back