help please

-

longarm

Car sold back to original owners
Reaction score
i'm having computer problems.
when i pull up this site, my page comes up with 11/15/06 date.
i have to go to todays posts before it corrects itself.
i also have a pm alert that pops up everytime.
it won't allow me to log off either.
is anyone else having problems?
if not, any ideas why this is happening.
thanks
longarm

It sounds like this web page is being loaded from the cache file. Try deleting the cache and or cookies. You should be able to do this through your internet settings or preferences.

thanks guys,
unfortunitly my new computer crashed taking everything
with it. all it says is error 106 and reboot on a blank screen.
i'm on an old machine that still runs now.
i hope i can take it somewhere to be repaired and they can
save my pictures.
wish i knew more about these machines.
thanks
longarm

longarm said:
thanks guys,
unfortunitly my new computer crashed taking everything
with it. all it says is error 106 and reboot on a blank screen.
i'm on an old machine that still runs now.
i hope i can take it somewhere to be repaired and they can
save my pictures.
wish i knew more about these machines.
thanks
longarm
To bad you are not closer as I can likely save all of your pic and doc's etc.
My trick is to use a live Linux cd which boots and runs off the cdrom only and then you can access the windows hard drive and save to a usb thumb drive. I have had good success doing this.
Mepis Linux or PCLinuxOS come to mind.
Be glad to help if I can
I guess I am kind of a Linux geek

Longarm, error code 106 is a "system board problem". This could be an easy fix if ya know a little, and you can do a few checks..."or" of course it could be a hard failure (bad thing). 106 is an error that states your computer is having a problem converting logic. Your processor's heatsick may have been bumped etc. Also of course if your power supply is starting to fail you could have a power loss within the different (5) voltages that it supplies.

I'm not sure what kind of troubleshooting tools (monitors)are in your system if any that you may have, so I'm going blind. IE..CPU temp alarm, Power supply status.

DUST IS BAD

A few thing you can do:

Ensure firstly that the computer is "posting" correctly on flash-up...1 beep sound, then turn off, unplug, then:....
Pull out all your ram.
Pull off your heatsink and take out CPU. DON'T rub off the grease stuff between the CPU & heatshrink. For the heck of it pull out your battery (could be low) giving you problems as well. At least replace that..their (Cheap).
Get a can of air, and blow the hell out of everything (including fans) and all slots. Put your system back together (slowly) ensuring everything is in correctly. Also ensure that NO pins are bent on the CPU and that the center of the CPU still has that white grease like crap on it still. Reflash computer. PS with the battery out...you will more then likely have to put in the correct time and set up your BOIS (not a problem...you can do it.) If you do these steps and you "still" have a code 106 problem.......Hummmmm. Could be time for a new board, CPU. One last thing.....do you get any extra beeps or siren noise?

-
Back