help please

-

MIKERP76

Reaction score
i tried to install my new windshield on my 67 valiant. got a new gasket from steele rubber for a 68 valiant. but it is too long across the top. did the change the width of the top in 68 or did i possibly get the wrong gasket.

What is the part #? Did you make sure it was for a 68-76 sedan?

Make sure the problem isn't because it's stretched any in the other places.

Just in case.

well i managed to get it in. but need to adjust the glass to fit side to side. since i am using the 68 and up gasket do i need any other pieces to help hold it to the windshield?

No,it should be a tight fit. Did you use sealant for gasketed windows? Did you look up the part # to make sure they sent the right gasket? If it's loose in the gasket it's wrong.

What is the part # (3rd request)? Are you installing the same glass you took out?

yes that is the part number i have. had to replace the windshield due to the original getting broken last year. got the gasket to fit but still need to move the glass a bit to get it positioned right. i will try to post some pictures later today.

The glass shouldn't move at all once in the gasket. What did the glass come out of? Did you match it up to your old glass? It sounds like your trying to make the wrong winshield fit.

i'll have to try and source all of the trim pieces i need. the windshield is for a 67-69 valiant 2 door sedan. i may have it off to one side too much when i was installing it. the gasket i got is the only one i could find for the valiant. unless y'all know somewhere i can find one. i do greatly appreciate y'alls help.

Rock auto may have the gasket. I think that's where I got for my demon.

i got the glass installed now for the hunt begins for the trim that goes around the winshield for the 68-69 valiants.

-
Back