Help Plese!! Fastener/molding help

-

keith9291

Reaction score
I am trying to find a picture of the clips that hold the trim that runs from front tire to back tires under the door along the rocker. I cant find them for the life of me and want to order some new ones but I have no idea what the look like. Does anyone have a picture of the clips I need?
Thanks...

for ur 71 dart or another car and is it the wide moulding or the thin bullet style, ryan

I am trying to find a picture of the clips that hold the trim that runs from front tire to back tires under the door along the rocker. I cant find them for the life of me and want to order some new ones but I have no idea what the look like. Does anyone have a picture of the clips I need?
Thanks...

Rocker molding?
icon10.gif

Rocker molding?
icon10.gif

Yes rocker molding. They only place I find the may have it looks like Laysons but the catalogs have pages of pictures of the clips and fasteners they really arent listed by year or part. Does anyone have a picture or drawing of them?

Keith9291, is this request for a 71 Dart with the thin rocker trim? If so, I have 2 sets of that trim and all the clips in a bag in my shop. If this is the style you are looking for I'll send out a pic. I remember that it has expandable wire clips along the moulding, and a flat metal clip with a screw hole that slides in the end and is screwed to the rocker. Let me know if this is the style you are looking for, Geof

Keith9291, is this request for a 71 Dart with the thin rocker trim? If so, I have 2 sets of that trim and all the clips in a bag in my shop. If this is the style you are looking for I'll send out a pic. I remember that it has expandable wire clips along the moulding, and a flat metal clip with a screw hole that slides in the end and is screwed to the rocker. Let me know if this is the style you are looking for, Geof

Yes that sounds exactly the style I am looking for and yes it is a 71 I did find a side pic that shows trim. Its the piece right above the dioor.

DSC00622.jpg

OK Keith, heres a pic of the 2 style of the clips that hold the rocker trim on. There are 8 of the wire clips on each side and I thought only 1 of the screw retainers, but I seem to have 5 of them so maybe there are 2 per side. I only have 10 of the wire clips, where you would need 6 more to fill every hole. If you'd like them you can have them, if you send me your address I'll send them out. I also shot a pic of the rocker area without the trim for you. Send me your address and i'll ship em out, Geof

100_1118.jpg

100_1119.jpg

100_1120.jpg

I know this thread is really old .. but hey cosgig ... do you still have any of those flat pieces (that go at the end of the trim) left? I need two of them ... I'll pay!

-
Back