HELP READ PLEASE need pics of 340 hipo mani bolts so i can fig where they go

-

chubsgts

Reaction score
SO powder coaters to all my bolts washers spacers and all that off my wire that i had them strung to so they could do a better job

well now i have a pile of washers bolts nuts studs all that and no ideal witch one was for what i can fig out the studed shafts but all the washers and dome shaped ones are killing me

can any one send me some pics of there manifolds bolted up so i can bolt mine up lol

thanks

chubs, I know this isn't what you're asking for here but I want to save you from hassles down the road if I can since I know you're kinda new to this.

With all due respect, I feel that it isn't your powder coater's responsibility to keep your hardware straight unless you requested they do so at the time you dropped the work off; even then, some places may not be able to accommodate you. You may not know, but each piece has to be worked on separately at each stage of the process to be prepped and coated properly. It's not a matter of 'a better job' ... it really can't be done at all if everything is on one piece of wire because it will all be stuck together when it's cured. If you asked them to keep it organized and they did not, then that's something to keep in mind the next time you get work done.

Even though I'll mask and coat your hardware for free if you toss it in the box with the related parts, I will tell you from personal experience that I've added a couple bucks onto two local customers' jobs when they asked me to keep a large pile of hardware separated and organized while it was here at my shop because it took extra time and effort to do so.

Also, taking your own "before" pictures will be a tremendous help to you in your restoration for this current problem you have and for many other reasons, and it'll give you something to show off and compare to when your car is finished later. I take "before" pictures of customers' jobs to document the extensive transformation of my work, but I have many many photos of my own car's parts in 'exploded view' spanning 20 years just for that reason -- so I know how to put it back together later. :-D

I've got headers and ARP hardware on my 340 or I'd add some pictures of mine to help you out. (I hope they used a high temp finish for your manifold bolts??)

Good luck with your project! Keep us updated on your progress.

yes and yes problem number one

my buddy owns the powder coat shop did it the way he wanted it done but ended up not working the best so he removed them and did them on a line further apart
im not up set just want to fig out the correct way to put it on

problem number two
never had the right stuff to start with so im starting from step one

and im not new to this at all maybe darts but toy wise probley have owned over 50 projects that i have redone or built i take hundreds of photos of my tear downs and builds witch i planed on posting once i get the car back together for others to view
but when u dont have the right stuff to start u have no blue prints to fall back on

as you can see threes alot of combos i could run here so i just was asking for a few pics to get the ball rolling

i bolt a complete bolt kit and got no instructions on whats for what my biggest issue is the washers and domed washers

and yes the used ceramic on all the hot parts

Attachments

• dart 225.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 197
  • dart 226.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 159
http://moparforums.com/forums/f62/small-block-exhaust-manifold-bolts-washers-7575/

conical washers, the 1/4 inch (or so) thick ones,They are cupped. Raised center goes torward the nut.

They are used on the end studs only. they are to pull down on the manifold away from the hole where there is studs. they are to suppose to stop the manifold from cracking or stud Shear when expanding and contracting. After many heat cycles the manifold will shrink.

...........All the sbm take 5/16s bolts/nuts.........the 3/8s sleeve nuts and styds r 4 a bbm...........kim...............

-
Back