Help Rear Light replacement

-

olenavy72Dart

Reaction score
1 of my rear lights is so corroded and rusty, it will not make contact with the bulb. I would like to change the bulb holders only. Anyone have a recommendation or course of action to keep the frame but replace the bulb holder and re-splice the wire connected to it? Thanks Olenavy72Dart

72 dart rear light assembly1.JPG

72 dart rear light assembly.JPG

I replaced all of the sockets and used aftermarket replacement 1157 light sockets. Doing this will also give you the opportunity to restore and repaint the housing units.

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.59.41 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-02-22 at 9.58.56 AM.png

Very nice ! Any special paint that you use?
I believe it was bright silver, but I would think a chrome paint would be more reflective. Also I used 1157 sockets on the reverse lights and wired them to work on both filaments of the bulb to get a brighter light.

A sand blasting cabinet works wonders. I have one and it is in constant use. See if there is a FABO member near you who has one. If they will let you use it for a few minutes, you are good to go; and you might meet a new friend. Let me go on record as saying that if any FABO member wants to use my blasting cabinet, just let me know.

A sand blasting cabinet works wonders. I have one and it is in constant use. See if there is a FABO member near you who has one. If they will let you use it for a few minutes, you are good to go; and you might meet a new friend. Let me go on record as saying that if any FABO member wants to use my blasting cabinet, just let me know.
Thanks. I just bought 4 sockets and wired them all back in.. working great now.. thanks for the info on the FABO guys close by...

-
Back