Help Removing Back Window from a 65 Barracuda

-

jeff alder

Reaction score
Can this be done at home and not destroy the rubber? I have removed windsheilds in the past with piano wire but I am going to part out a 65 and it has a beautiful rubber with no rot. If the rubber cannot be saved do you guys have any old school tricks up your sleeves for removing the glass?

Break the glass.

Not being sarcastic.

Looks like it can't be given away.

I know of 2 in wrecking yards here in Northern CO

Break the glass.

Not being sarcastic.

Looks like it can't be given away.

I know of 2 in wrecking yards here in Northern CO
No problem...I have 3 nice 65's so I want a spare just in case. It's all the pieces underneath other people need for complete restorations. I am trying to save everything to pass it along that is not reproduced.

thanks Al it's very pliable. This car was being restored but the young man gave up on it. There were three cars he was using to make one. This is the one he was restoring so It appears the glass was put in recently. One of the other cars did not have the glass. So even if it is not savable you have any advice on safely getting the glass out?
Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:
Use whatever lubricate you feel that needs to be applied to the rubber, I used tire soap. Have somebody get into the back of the car on their back and then have them lift the glass up using their feet, like doing a leg squat. Start at the back first gently prying outward on the rubber gasket.

Use whatever lubricate you feel that needs to be applied to the rubber, I used tire soap. Have somebody get into the back of the car on their back and then have them lift the glass up using their feet, like doing a leg squat. Start at the back first gently prying outward on the rubber gasket.
Thanks Dicer...That's exactly the advice I was looking for.

How far are you from Crescent City? They say I need a helper...LOL

I live around the Lincoln area, but I would be little help, too old, fat, and ugly. I would ask a youngster, you don't need a lot of lift power..... lol

-
Back