Help !! Running super rich.

-
If what RRR said isn't it, you might also check the link that closes the secondaries, it may need bent a little.
Agree, this is why I wanted close up pictures of the base of the carb on the intake both sides. Again, I don't know why all 3 carbs act the same. Weird. It's why I say the intake could be subject to warping or cracks

Fixed. Can only assume combination of things. Main thing being the idle and the transfer slots. I disassembled the choke because it wasn’t doing anything. Like it was locked in place. Not allowing me to adjust the idle screw anymore. Took choke apart. Put it back together without connecting it. No tension in it. Perfect little squares on the transition slots. Now I will set choke after completely cool. Both of the new carbs must of been the same I would guess as far as the 2 new hollies. It did run much better with the old 750. But was a bit to much carb along with timing being so retarded causing that one to run funny. Thank you all for your inputs. Lol. Didn’t mean to waste anyone’s time

Fixed. Can only assume combination of things. Main thing being the idle and the transfer slots. I disassembled the choke because it wasn’t doing anything. Like it was locked in place. Not allowing me to adjust the idle screw anymore. Took choke apart. Put it back together without connecting it. No tension in it. Perfect little squares on the transition slots. Now I will set choke after completely cool. Both of the new carbs must of been the same I would guess as far as the 2 new hollies. It did run much better with the old 750. But was a bit to much carb along with timing being so retarded causing that one to run funny. Thank you all for your inputs. Lol. Didn’t mean to waste anyone’s time

You've wasted no one's time. You actually came back and updated, which we rarely ever get. Thanks! Where did you end up with initial timing?

You've wasted no one's time. You actually came back and updated, which we rarely ever get. Thanks! Where did you end up with initial timing?
If I had to guess. Around 10-15. Lol. Just kinda bumped it with my ear because the smog air pump crap is still in the way. Can’t get a good reading. I’ve since got it out of the way. But have not done it yet. Going to set a total timing of 34 ish and see how it likes it.

If I had to guess. Around 10-15. Lol. Just kinda bumped it with my ear because the smog air pump crap is still in the way. Can’t get a good reading. I’ve since got it out of the way. But have not done it yet. Going to set a total timing of 34 ish and see how it likes it.

Perfectly acceptable. In fact, on most street cars, setting timing by ear is just fine. The only think I might recommend is to make sure the total does not go to high. You can do that with an FBO limiter plate, but I don't think that's necessary on a stock engine. In fact, you're likely not going to hurt it even if you get close to or at 40 degrees total. It just doesn't have enough compression to get in trouble.

Perfectly acceptable. In fact, on most street cars, setting timing by ear is just fine. The only think I might recommend is to make sure the total does not go to high. You can do that with an FBO limiter plate, but I don't think that's necessary on a stock engine. In fact, you're likely not going to hurt it even if you get close to or at 40 degrees total. It just doesn't have enough compression to get in trouble.
My bb dart is set at 36 total. Retards to 30 when the nitrous hits. It’s msd 6al2. Lol. Locked out. Much different than my stock truck

-
Back