Help thread for Mopardaddy .

-

Dart_Doctor

Asa style
Reaction score
Look here yall . Hes my brother yall know that . I just got word that his DD is lossin the trans . It aint going into rev . He aint got much cash flow sice he moved to Co . If he was here i would be the 1st one to his hose to help him . But i caint . You guys think we can get to gather and help get a trans in his DD ? I dont like askin for help . But Hes my brother and I aint got the money to help him . Hes got His grandpaws 22 up for sell and that means alot to him . and a carb rob redid for him i know he dont want to sell them . what you think fellers and ladies ?

Well, you know our situation, but here's what I can do. I will build 4 carburetors for people. My labor is 50 each. You buy the kit and shipping to and from. You donate the 50 to MoparDaddy. That will be 200 dollars total for him. Interested parties can PM me for details.

Make SURE you put MOPARDADDY BENEFIT in the email so I will know.

Thanks Asa, and rob. Thanks again for the work on the carb too rob. Been meaning to post a thread for ya, but my goldfish memory span keeps getting the best of me lol I'll try to do that today!

What is the goal? How much has to be raised to have it rebuilt?

Good job Rob for your help.

Too far away. Denver is about 8-9 hrs from me, but thank you. I'm in the western slope, CO and Farmington, NM area

karl I think we are going for a a good used trans .
Pretty much. There's only 1 tranny shop in town and his trans usually crap out at the end of the 1 year warranty period.

Do 700r4 or 4l60's require any specialty tools to rebuild?

Is this for the Suburban? If so can you take the guts out of the one you broke the housing on and restack them in the other case. I would still reweld that chunk back on the bell housing if it was me.

Too far away. Denver is about 8-9 hrs from me, but thank you. I'm in the western slope, CO and Farmington, NM area
Do 700r4 or 4l60's require any specialty tools to rebuild?

They are both quite a bit more complicated than your average old trans.
A person REALLY needs to know what they are doing with these.

Do you have the detent cable hooked up correctly? That tranny must have it or it will not work right.

The tahoes detention cable hasn't been touched. As for the suburban, that would be the general idea, but there's a couple people here in town with nearly free shells.

The tahoes detention cable hasn't been touched. As for the suburban, that would be the general idea, but there's a couple people here in town with nearly free shells.

It wasn't posted that your issue is with the Tahoe. That tranny is total electric and has no detent cable. What is it a 98?

Do you have a 4L60E or a 4L80E Tranny?

It wasn't posted that your issue is with the Tahoe. That tranny is total electric and has no detent cable. What is it a 98? Do you have a 4L60E or a 4L80E Tranny?
4l60e is the trans that came attached to the gas engine. Diesel tahoes are few and far between. I figure the suburban will be easier to get going at this time. I can let Erica drive it in town and just use the tahoe to go to work if/when needed and just get a new tranny for it when tax time rolls around.

Fabo works pretty good as long as I stay on the roof of the house lol

4l60e is the trans that came attached to the gas engine. Diesel tahoes are few and far between. I figure the suburban will be easier to get going at this time. I can let Erica drive it in town and just use the tahoe to go to work if/when needed and just get a new tranny for it when tax time rolls around.

Fabo works pretty good as long as I stay on the roof of the house lol

Here are couple that might be worth checking out since they are priced really low when compared to the others that are listed anywhere near you. The first one only shows 94K.

View attachment tah.jpg

View attachment tah2.jpg

Are you beginning to hate Chevy's yet? Maybe you should get a Mopar.

Here are couple that might be worth checking out since they are priced really low when compared to the others that are listed anywhere near you. The first one only shows 94K.

Great prices, but 8hrs away. I've gotta try to stay as local as possible since this is our only rig right now. I don't mind traveling a couple hours, but I don't feel comfortable traveling farther than that

Great prices, but 8hrs away. I've gotta try to stay as local as possible since this is our only rig right now. I don't mind traveling a couple hours, but I don't feel comfortable traveling farther than that

126 miles isn't far and it shouldn't cost much to have it freighted. The last one I had sent out of Kansas cost me $100 in freight to my door. It was a big 4x4 tranny.

126 miles isn't far and it shouldn't cost much too have it freighted. The last one I had sent out of Kansas cost me $100 in freight to my door. It was a big 4x4 tranny.
126 isn't bad. Albuquerque is though lol.

thats not bad. I figured it would be super pricey to ship one. I've found a couple here locally in the $200-400 range used.

Chuck, you know you have my shop, hoist, tranny jack and my tools at your disposal at any time. This is in Montrose CO and looks clean.
http://westslope.craigslist.org/pts/4077654900.html
I didn't know about the Tahoe goin south as well:( I've been looking for the 700r4. Your DD is most important. I still have the 4l80e if we can find a buyer or trader it's yours.
Larry

Chuck, you know you have my shop, hoist, tranny jack and my tools at your disposal at any time. This is in Montrose CO and looks clean. http://westslope.craigslist.org/pts/4077654900.html I didn't know about the Tahoe goin south as well:( I've been looking for the 700r4. Your DD is most important. I still have the 4l80e if we can find a buyer or trader it's yours. Larry

Thanks Larry I appreciate it. The Tahoe is having trouble with the reverse. It doesn't do it all the time, but it's becoming more frequent.

126 isn't bad. Albuquerque is though lol.

thats not bad. I figured it would be super pricey to ship one. I've found a couple here locally in the $200-400 range used.

Just make sure they are selling you the correct tranny because of electronic differences they do not interchange without opening up the tranny and swapping some parts. I am showing 1998 as being the first year that is a direct interchange through some of the 2000s.

Chuck, you know you have my shop, hoist, tranny jack and my tools at your disposal at any time. This is in Montrose CO and looks clean.
http://westslope.craigslist.org/pts/4077654900.html
I didn't know about the Tahoe goin south as well:( I've been looking for the 700r4. Your DD is most important. I still have the 4l80e if we can find a buyer or trader it's yours.
Larry

1995 shows not to work according to Hollander interchange. I don't know if you can get around the electronic compatibility issues or not.

"1995: Stand alone year! Will not interchange with any other year. This is a PWM transmission. An extra solenoid was added to the valve body to control the pulsed lock up strategy of the converter clutch. It has a 12 pin case connector, extra wire in the transmission to computer harness and different computer to control the new PWM circuit. Has PWM cast in front pump. Front pump internal passages different to match new TCC strategy. 2 piece TCC control valve in valve body. Has holes in plate, marked in diagram below. 1st design 3-2 valve. 12 pin case connector. '94 computer won't recognise new TCC strategy., and will burn lock-up clutch and 3-4 clutches up. '96 computer isn't compatible with '96 3-2 control solenoid."

karl I think we are going for a a good used trans .

I say screw that. No offense, Asa. If we are going to do this, lets get him something from a reputable shop with a warranty. With a used transmission, he might end up in the same boat. Hell, if people will get off it and participate, I got 200 of it already.

Yall all know how much time Chuck puts in on all the benefit threads here. Now is yalls time to repay him when he's in need. There's a lot of us on here. A little from us each and we can make it happen.

-
Back