Help- Trans crossmember issues!!

-

Jason65

65Dart
Reaction score
Please Help. Transmission Crossmember. I have done the required dual exhaust mods but my crossmember will not go up far enough to get the bolts in. Is there a different rubber tailshaft mount between the 8 and 6 cyl. cars? I think i have massaged the floor enough to give the required clearance. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thank Jason

Jason, help us out by telling us what you are working on... and what changes you have made. I gather that you have swapped in a SB and put on dual exhaust.
Welcome to the site.:cheers:
C

Yes, 65 Dart, up on the hoist as i type. 340/727,TTI headers. It looks like the back of the trans needs to come down 1/8- 1/4". Thanks why i am wondering if the rubber mount is different on the 6 vs the 8. Thanks.

did ya go to far with the crossmember as far as made too much clearance for the duals? jack the trans up as far as it will go and see if the massaged trans crossmember will fit in properly......????

Figured it out. Dropped the trans down and found a small rubber insulator bumper on the floorpan above the trans held in with one small screw. Removed it and everything is good now. Learn as we go. Thanks for your input.

-
Back