HELP! Trying to make a father's dream his son's reality...

-

mopara&b

Reaction score
We lost a good friend @ 1 1/2 yrs ago...suddenly. He was Mopar through and through. He had found a beat up 70 Dart Swinger that was to be a father/son project and ultimately his son's first Mopar. Since his passing a group of us have tried to make his dream a reality for his son. Collectively, we have gotten the car to the point where it is about to be re-assembled. This is where I am asking for a little help... trying to find a couple of parts. At the moment I am trying to find a nice set of decklid moldings. If not all three pieces, then at least the trunk molding itself. Any info you can lend on finding these pieces would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:burnout:

We lost a good friend @ 1 1/2 yrs ago...suddenly. He was Mopar through and through. He had found a beat up 70 Dart Swinger that was to be a father/son project and ultimately his son's first Mopar. Since his passing a group of us have tried to make his dream a reality for his son. Collectively, we have gotten the car to the point where it is about to be re-assembled. This is where I am asking for a little help... trying to find a couple of parts. At the moment I am trying to find a nice set of decklid moldings. If not all three pieces, then at least the trunk molding itself. Any info you can lend on finding these pieces would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

:burnout:
I feel stupid, being a '70 Swinger owner. What is a decklid molding? My trunk lid doesn't have any moldings..... I would love to help though!

This molding set came in 3 pieces and bolted to each of the rear quarter extensions and to the trunk lip right above the rear bumper.

Here is an example....
Oh duh! No wonder my car don't have those. That looks like a 340 car thing there. I can't say I can help you there but anything else let me know and I'll see what I can do.

And thank you for stepping in and brainwashing a young gun into the mopar side!:cheers:

I don't think it's a 340 thing because the example pic is originally a 318 car. However, my 71 Scamp is a 318 car and doesn't have that trim either. I'm also not sure if those moldings were exclusive to the 1970 model year.

Oh, and no brainwashing was required! This kid is Mopar or no car, just like his dad was.

If you can't find anything, trim-gard.com might have something. If you go on their website and you see something that can do the job, send me a pm, I have some in stock. could be a temporary fix until you find an original one.
Good luck

I have them! I dont believe Im going to use them on my build. They arent nice! Would need some work and polishing to be Nice! I know I have both end pieces and i bet the middle is on the trunk lid still

-
Back