Help,, turn signal cam

-

68DartGTS340

Reaction score
I have replaced the cam on my 68 dart but it will not stay up or down when attempting to engage lever to test. It doesn't click and stay into position in either direction. What could be the issue seems simple enough to replace other than the soldering in a tight area. I must be missing something!!
Any info is appreciated.
Ken

I found while doing mine, that those cam replacement kits are junk, went through two of them.

I finally picked up and OEM unit, wiring and all and replaced the whole thing, it works flawlessly now.

Thanks, I was hoping not to have to do that....oh well I will have to bite the bullet.
I am on my third canceler so I guess that tells the tale.
Hey do you have a 68? I took out one of the two screws that are in back of that assembly and can't seem to find the home for that bugger. I moved the collar back and forth to it's extremes and can't find anywhere that that bolt will attach again. I didn't hear anything fall from in back when I removed.

Attachments

• ccx.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 90
There's a little rectangle shaped nut that catches a notch stamped in the tube wall. Backing the screw all the way out allows the nut to drop inside the tube.

Damn, damn, damn.....I figured something had to be under there but I didn't hear it hit anything when I removed the screw. I guess I have to figure out how to get into that tube.....
thanks for that info, I was going nuts since I didn't anything fall...

Have a great XMAS and New Years!

Ken

-
Back