Help understanding the engine bay

-
Also, here's a photo of the car itself--Don't worry I'll get it inside soon, but for now I work in -10.
Hopefully I'll be able to hoist the engine out of there soon and get it all cleaned up... but first I need to get it on the road to see how it actually drives.

It's a 73 Duster with a 360 swapped in, 904 trans (heavy duty? pk3058398 8546 serial)

IMG_7055.JPG

Also, here's a photo of the car itself--Don't worry I'll get it inside soon, but for now I work in -10.
Hopefully I'll be able to hoist the engine out of there soon and get it all cleaned up... but first I need to get it on the road to see how it actually drives.

It's a 73 Duster with a 360 swapped in, 904 trans (heavy

View attachment 1715465666

'Bout time, lol. Very nice!

Good looking ride! Single gray wire is for oil pressure light and the other sensor is for a gauge. Looking at the firewall directly behind the gauge type sensor what is the three wire plug with the loop of green wire in the open end?

Good looking ride! Single gray wire is for oil pressure light and the other sensor is for a gauge. Looking at the firewall directly behind the gauge type sensor what is the three wire plug with the loop of green wire in the open end?
Good question. Right in front of my face and I didn't realize it. Maybe that plugs in there... :O

Does it have a factory oil pressure gauge along with the light? I don’t know that there is enough lead on that plug to plug it into your sending unit, that may be the reason for the menagerie of adapters and fittings that were in place.

Does it have a factory oil pressure gauge along with the light? I don’t know that there is enough lead on that plug to plug it into your sending unit, that may be the reason for the menagerie of adapters and fittings that were in place.
Hmmmm. I figured 73 Duster factory would be light only. Like I said could be another add on. That could be the plug for it! Good eye!

That looks like a transmission neutral safety switch...weird

either way, rip it out and screw the oil pressure sensor right into the block
and it seems to be leaking, so yeah

keep at it

Last edited:
-
Back