HELP w/ dome lights

-

matthon

Reaction score
I have a 67 Barracuda and it is missing the dome lights and wiring.
67 has one on each side, they cannot accept a regular bulb or bulb assembly, the bulbs look more like glass fuses than light bulbs, and the bulb holders are plastic/metal and clip into the base of the dome light from behind (mine are broken and pieces missing), then the cover is twisted onto the rear panel. I cannot find the wiring anywhere, and I even bought a 68/69 dome wiring in an attempt to use the connectors- no luck, completely different.
Of all the things I need, having no lights in the interior is the worst.

Can anyone help?

This is a fastback Barracuda? Are you refering to the side courtesy lights? Did you remove the rear door panels and metal surrounding the side courtesy lights looking for the wiring? Im sure its there as I do not understand why anyone would remove it??....When you mention the covers, do you mean the light lenses? The bulbs for these are hard to find, but there is a substitute bulb you can use that is more modern and brighter. I will have to dig the bulb number up for you but they are available at all auto parts stores, a little shorter in length but still "clips" into the factory wiring holddowns on these cars....

Yes, it is a fastback, and yes the side courtesy lights.
I took the rear panels off and crawled through the trunk as well.
One side has about 2 inches of wire with the 2 metal clips that hold the bulb, but the plastic that holds the clips and snaps into the rear panel is broken.
The other side has nothing.
The rear harness has the connector.
Yes, I mean the lenses when I said covers, they are lenses with the chrome that clip into the rear panels.
I wonder everyday why someone would remove the wiring, it appears they cut one side, yet not all the way, then ripped both sides out from the trunk.

I have searched everywhere for a replacement harness, not even included on the rear tail light harnesses, new or old.

If you can let me know what the substitute bulb number is that would be a start, and greatly appreciated.

-
Back