Help W/ sheet metal

-

ronw

Reaction score
I'm in the process of sealing off the trunk and passenger compartment with 22 Ga aluminum. Sounds easy except for the four roll cage tubes going through to the trunk. I know to mock it up with cardboard, to make a pattern. Just would like some pic's to get an idea of what it should look like. It's a 68 Dart that has been mini tubed. Thanks Ron

I still have this task to accomplish as well. I keep starting on it and then giving up and I've been a fabricator for 15yrs. Kind of a pain in the a$#..... I was thinking the other day I'm going to try and do it in pieces and weld them to the factory "v" brace. It's hard trying to make one large template all at once. I don't think it needs to be all one piece, it just needs to be sealed off.

Trunk firewall is to be .032 thickness if aluminum or is not NHRA legal.

Get some construction paper or poster board. Lots easier to cut and trim than most cardboard.

You'll probably have to do three pieces.

Thanks Fst 73. That would really suck if I had used the wrong gauge metal. Ron

Ok, so i did mine over today and wasn't half drunk this time and it was pretty easy. Just used poster board for the template. Still need to bead roll mine and weld it in but here's a pic of mine.

-
Back